I have a very good target signal from my Gemini-3 cant get permission to dig in Ca.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very good target signal from my Gemini-3 can't get permission to dig in Ca.

:icon_scratch: ROYAL'S KINGS SITE. well again folks excuse my English, I was in California and Had found some Indian head monuments, But thats a royals kings area, Spaniards were there, well i was detecting with my Gemini -3 since im very good with this detector i locate a pipe that runs from field to field crossing a highway, off course i don't have to dig in order to know i am dealing w a metal pipe, any way i keep looking for targets along the highway sides, and close to very old trees that used to be a royals king alternate route, i then found a ferrous metal signal that i knew it was not deep i went to get my tool just to confirm my target reading and it was a Well hub cap cover, then i keep detecting w my Gemini-3 and i found an isolated mark or target signal i call isolated to a target that any direction you coming from to the center of target signal or reading create an audio and analog reading at detector, any way, this target according to my experience has to be non ferrous and probably like 1.5 meter deep about 5 ft deep, well in that area i badly know people but i do have relatives, i want to say that the water pipe that feeds the field is at least 30 ft away form the target signal that i found, well i ask my relative if he knows any body in charge of those plant fields than even if they are or they have a fence where the private property divider is and my target is outside of that fence, even like tha i want to ask permission to remove a old tree that is been cut and just the lower part is left, meaning a dead tree not alive, well after asking for permission to the field"s owner, he decline to give us permission to dig because he is afraid of having his water pipe damage, probably i make no sentences some times but ill try lol, any way, at the time the permit was ask for, i was not present, other ways i would tell the property owner that i will locate his water pipe and tell him exactly were it was, but like i said i was not there, again the target signal is outside his property but it is very close to the target, that's one problem, the other problem is that the target signal site must to belong to the state, so im really dont know what to do, my uncle is been a gardener for a while a lands keeping guy, so he was positive that it could be a manhole or a big valve or something like that, but after i told him that the spot is very close to a very old tree that is been cut, ho goes like, well no way that some one will put a manhole or valve close to that very old tree, and he star thinking for seconds, well after that he desired to ask for permission, i had to go back to Nevada, then i got a call to tell me that no permission was given from the fields owner. so the question is, leave it along? or what to do? then after asking people for that specific area i was told a lady cross the highway at night, but she is no from this world, meaning like a ghost, probably many of you are septic, but that's just what i was told.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's on public property, I'd go ahead and dig it up. You may have to check where the property line is first to be sure. If it's on private property, you're going to have to convince the owner to give you permission.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
prospexican, if that signal is on private property, and the guy said "no", then there's really not a lot you can do about it.

But just in general, for signals that someone can get with a 2 box, randomly walking around given-areas, I am sure you will find countless signal that your 2-box gives you. And let me save you some time: 99.9 of them are going to random larger junk. I know you're excited, and the lack-of-permission probably makes you "all the more certain" that it "must be a treasure", but .... trust me: If you took that gemeni out to ANY random old farm house, you will get lots of hits from all sorts of things. It will get targets from the size of soda cans and upwards. And in some locations, there will be scores of such signals, that ,, sorry, are all junk.

Unless you had some sort of lead, or clue or tip or reason to think there was something specifically there, etc.... And yes, sure, once in awhile, yes, one turns out to be good. Not saying every signal is bad. Just saying: don't think all "beeps are certain treasures".

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot For the replay Tom in Ca and cudamark, i am 100% positive that the target mark is not on private property since the fence is like 4 to 6 feet to the west, and regarding targets signals well im exited because i know my 2 box machine, if there is one machine that i know how to use it is the Gemini-3 Tw-6 or almost any 2 box detector, they have a lot to say, i can identify 3 different metals while they are not very deep, if they are deep i know when they are solid metal or minerals, and i can have a very good idea when they are ferrous or non ferrous, also pint point is not a big deal wth the G-3 for me, i did modify my G-3 to go deeper, and one of my machines i did replace the 1 turn sensitivity Sw for a 5 turn sens sw what make it more efficient to tune it and do some other test to the soil, of course whit out digging i cant warranty 100% what could i find down there lol, but i cant really do my testing there because of the fence too close to do some more testing, meaning the fence will no let me come from east to west to do a cross reading to target, That area there probably like Tom says i was randomly searching on that area, but it is a very old royals kings site, , and who knows, i might find a big piece of iron or something else, but you rihgt tom i am very exited to go and dig over there, since is been a few months since i locate this area, probably i will post some pictures of indian head monments next time i go there, and next week i have to go to that place meaning the city, so i hope to bring some good pictures for yo guys. thanks again.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do! I'd love to see what you find.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks a lot For the replay Tom in Ca and cudamark, i am 100% positive that the target mark is not on private property....

Well then just dig it up. If you need to avoid busy-body lookie-lou gripers, then dig it up and night. So peaceful. So serene :)

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then just dig it up. If you need to avoid busy-body lookie-lou gripers, then dig it up and night. So peaceful. So serene :)

lol so peaceful so serene haha, i like that Im going to need it lol, well Probably wont b able to go this coming week like I tough but i hope and i do.

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i have been using and investigating 2 box or double coils metal detectors for a while, some of them when u find a deep target as soon as u pass over and get to the edge of the metallic target will null the audio or analog reading on metal detector, other 2 box detectors will start to read little by little keep increasing to its maximum reading and then after passing the center of target they will start decreasing until the null sound. well talking abut it i already try my garret 2500 on a ferrous target on my test field and as soon as i get to the edge of target it will suddenly null, that's why i cant wait to go to california and re test my fisher 2 box detector on this specific spot where i have a non ferrous reading and try my fisher and my garrett 2500 to see how do they act there, in other words my fisher 2 box will increase and decrease little by little on any ferrous or non ferrous metal, and my garrett i nkow it will null as soon as you pass the ferrous target, now i want to see how do the garrett acts on that non ferrous target in california. i will love to se that. i hope and i did not confuse any body, and excuse me if i did folks.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is on government land, get their permission, or off to jail you will go, and you will lose everything including your freedom. Good luck.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
If it is on government land, get their permission, or off to jail you will go, and you will lose everything including your freedom. Good luck.

The last time I checked, there's md'rs all over the USA, who routinely detect on "government land", and .... yes .... dig their targets and aren't needing govt's permission to do so. Eg.: Parks, schools, forests, deserts, beaches, etc.... And last I checked, they are not all "going to jail, loosing everything", etc....

Perhaps you meant that because this might be a particularly larger hole (versus the small holes md'rs dig to get individual coins, pulltabs, rings, etc.... ?). If so, I'll bite: Tell us what the cut-off in size is, for ok to dig, versus must-get permission to dig ? Does that apply to kids on the beach digging a big hole ?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see just one example of this happening.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very good target signal from my Gemini-3 can't get permission to dig...

Maybe "the govt" will roll out the red carpets and give you a full written permission slip to dig up jewels. I wouldn't stop asking permission until I got up to the highest ranking official in the parks and rec service either. [emoji106]🏽

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My good buddies: Tom and Cudamark, I will explain it simple so you both can understand me. When ever you search for buried treasures, private or government lands, get a written contract, or off to jail you will go, No treasures, just a long period of time away from family and treasure hunting. I was not writing about searching for single coins, or pull taps. Of course, if you both do not believe me, go ahead and dig for buried and search without permission. I hope that you both can write comments from jail.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
My good buddies: Tom and Cudamark, I will explain it simple so you both can understand me. When ever you search for buried treasures, private or government lands, get a written contract, or off to jail you will go, No treasures, just a long period of time away from family and treasure hunting. I was not writing about searching for single coins, or pull taps. Of course, if you both do not believe me, go ahead and dig for buried and search without permission. I hope that you both can write comments from jail.

I *suppose*, if someone found a treasure (and not just metal detecting, and not just single coins at-a-time). And if the "treasure" were on the scope of a box of gold coins worth tens-of-thousands + of $$. And if the TH'r then went into govt. offices waving it all around asking: "Yoohoo, can I have this please?". Then yes: Perhaps someone would say "no" (and chastise him for having found/dug it). Ok, sure.

Moral of the story ? Don't go waving it in front of govt. officials asking "can I have this please?" Presto. Problem solved.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Maybe "the govt" will roll out the red carpets and give you a full written permission slip to dig up jewels. I wouldn't stop asking permission until I got up to the highest ranking official in the parks and rec service either. [emoji106]

Haha, reminds me of this true story:

Guy pulls up to a park and is considering md'ing. He sees a park employee off in the distance emptying garbage cans. Goes over to him and asks "Can I metal detect?". The guy says "shucks, beats me. I don't see why not ".

But the park worker seemed to be a young college age type fellow. Probably just a low ranking summer student worker. And his "yes" didn't seem very authoritative or confident. So the md'r was still worried.

Then off at the far end of the park, the md'r could see a city truck parked at a utility building, and a guy working over there. So he walked over to him, and sees that this guy was more of an adult, had a city uniform on, had a city truck with logo on it, etc... He asked "Can I metal detect?". This guy also shrugged his shoulders and said something like "I don't see why not".

But again, the md'r didn't feel that it was a resounding enough "yes". And he began to worry that this guy too might not be the highest up authority in the parks dept to say yes or no. So the md'r went downtown to city hall.

He asks around and is pointed to the park's dept. desk. Once there his awkward question gets bounced from desk to desk, and finally he finds himself at the director of the entire city's park's dept. He asks. He is told "no".

Does anyone see the stupidity in this ? It's like "Gee, just ask long enough and hard enough, of enough bored desk bound bureaucrats, and you can ALWAYS find someone to tell you 'no' "

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have an example of this ever happening? I'm not talking about obvious trespassing on private property, or poaching on protected battlefields and historical sites. Just innocuous government property that have no standing restrictions.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess not......

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each to their own. Searching for single coins on public lands is one thing. Searching for buried treasures is another story. Unless you want to lose treasures worth millions of dollars and your freedom of many years, take my good advice, my friends, and get written permission or off to jail you will go. # 15 is very funny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread