South Carolina Laws

TOWcritter

Hey BigRig. Where are you heading in SC? We go to SC. 2 times a year and it's ok to do it on the beach there. I can't wait to get the MXT to the beach. Where we go it's very high class down there so if you find a ring or jewelry chances are it the real thing. Good luck.

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
hey towcritter,
around charlotte,my sis is having a baby and we are going down to visit and detect around jun 11th. me and knorrski have about 9 days off to do whatever.

bigrig

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Charlotte, ... We are located in N.C. 8)
As far as I know there is no law stopping you from looking around here,
albeit that most of the parks and schools I've been too here are kept very clean as there are
several clubs in the area and people like me who hunt "cut-throat" style..... :D
I've lived here since 1996 and I'm an avid hunter, although I have never found anything
significantly important around here, it is an old place, and there is alway a possibility.
e-mail me if you want someone to hunt with when your here in June.

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
my bad!i meant to say charleston.just turned 40 don't member what i used too. ;D

bigrig

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
Bigrig,

I have never had the chance to detect in Charleston, but have seen a fair number of people detecting. From talking to them, they seem to agree that the best sites are where they are pulling down and putting up new buildings downtown. They just ask permission and then go for it. Alot of history in the ground down there.
I live in Myrtle Beach and we hit the beahces with no problem at all. SC is pretty laid back as far as laws are concerned, actually as far as enforcing the laws are concerned.

have fun and good luck
Vrent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread