interpreting some CA state park rules a regulations.

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
was looking through my county's state park R&R's on their website and came across this.

12.04.050 Damaging plants. It is prohibited to cut, remove or damage any tree, shrub, plant, wood, turf, rock, sand, gravel or earth, or to pick any flowers without a special permit granted as set forth in this chapter. (Prior code § 4304)

would this mean I can't detect the state parks?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... 12.04.050 Damaging plants. It is prohibited to cut, remove or damage any tree, shrub, plant, wood, turf, rock, sand, gravel or earth, or to pick any flowers without a special permit granted as set forth in this chapter. (Prior code § 4304)

would this mean I can't detect the state parks?

Hey there patpall22, I see you list Carmel, CA . I'm 30 min. from there.

As to your question: You have to look at all your listed violations in past tense. Ie.: are you going to have damagED plants, sand, gravel, earth, etc... ? If you leave no damage (alterED, defacED, destroyED, etc...), then technically speaking, you have stayed within the boundaries of those rules.

Will every last person on earth agree with those semantics ? Of course not. But so long as you're not tromping on historic sensitive monuments. And not being an nuisance with shovels parading yourself on manicured turf, ... then odds are.... no one really cares. Especially on state park CA beaches: They just always/ever have been md'd since the dawn of time. And never been an issue. Does this mean you're not "altering" or "damaging" or "removing" the sand? Of course not. But did anyone really care ? Of course not.

OP
OP
patpall22

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
Hey tom.
been trolling some of your threads for some time now. Really inspires me to get out and hunt our area seen what you have pulled out of the ground around here. Thanks for the reply. I usually stick to the beaches around here b/c i never get hassled and easy to hunt at night. I also get the worst looks when i go hit the parks around the peninsula and the woods seem to be filled with homeless encampments. Lots of beach and for that I am grateful. Thanks for the reply.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Patpall22, On the national forums (like T'net), I haven't posted any show & tell finds for many years (unless it were a gold coin perhaps). The show & tell of a lot of CA guys is on the Kinzli forum. Get on there, and you can see what others here in CA are digging. To get to the main page, you have to sign up though. Just pick a name and password, and you'll be on.

As for local beaches: Tomorrow about 1pm a buddy and I are meeting up at Carmel beach, if you are able to join us. There's a zone there that's giving up silver and wheaties (albeit just '40s/50s losses). We're just there to try out some new hardware he got, compare flagged signals, etc... We'll be at the foot of Ocean Ave, below the volley-ball courts on that slope that leads down from there to the beach.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patpall22, On the national forums (like T'net), I haven't posted any show & tell finds for many years (unless it were a gold coin perhaps). The show & tell of a lot of CA guys is on the Kinzli forum. Get on there, and you can see what others here in CA are digging. To get to the main page, you have to sign up though. Just pick a name and password, and you'll be on.

As for local beaches: Tomorrow about 1pm a buddy and I are meeting up at Carmel beach, if you are able to join us. There's a zone there that's giving up silver and wheaties (albeit just '40s/50s losses). We're just there to try out some new hardware he got, compare flagged signals, etc... We'll be at the foot of Ocean Ave, below the volley-ball courts on that slope that leads down from there to the beach.
Hope you're ready for an army to show up! :laughing7:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
patrick, my smunched ring turned out to be just sterling, not gold. Durnit :) Nice meeting you today. Let's hope that beach gets just a *tad* bit more eroded.

OP
OP
patpall22

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
Tom,
thank you so much for everything today, i had a blast! really appreciate all the tips and advise you gave me. definitely hope to swing coils again soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread