Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
more Ancients have tramped through the Rocky Mountains on regular hunting trips. Finding quarries with OBSIDION or CHERT or other flint making stones were a necessity. So vital for their culture many carried heavy stones hundreds of miles. To make their stone tools. I have never seen any but arrowhead sites are common.

I have no problem with professionals finding those same sites, collecting stuff and doing research papers. Other than Joutrnals or Universities we ordinary people rarely see the artifacts. I would like to see their site plans with photos of the artifacts collected. Wouldn't you? Hey kids this was where a very ancient spear point was found. And it is this old and used by thses people for hunting.. a real history lesson. Could other artifacts surface over the years? Certainly. But us collecting neat artifacts is called LOOTING. Hmmm

It is the common search story. For detectorists, prospectors and every kid on a day hike. Hey here is an arrowhead! Could be as rare as an honest politician and valuable to intellectuals but so what. My kid found it. I let him keep it. What right does anyone else have to label him a looter? Them are fighting words buster...

Like WOODY GUTHRIE sang this land is our land. Private property is a sign someone bought. To keep US out. You are not property of the nation you were born in. NO one owns you. Only the Banksters pretend land is owned. At last count we outnumber tham by hundreds of millions. WHAT are they gonna do?

Their only choice is to spy on us. On You.tube.. detecting for CW artifacts that no one has seen for 150 years belongs to the state? Could be if you blab it all over the internet. IMHO finders keepers unless they have a warrant. Happy New Year Folks...
BB

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy new Year to you.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do what comes natural, kids are curious they pick up stuff off the ground all the time, and remember the gold rule, silence is golden! :thumbup:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's legal to collect arrowheads from the surface of the public lands. Your child is not a looter for picking up an arrowhead.

Where did you get that idea?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said it is natural not illegal, and sometimes the less attention you draw to yourself the better, lest someone with not enough to do decides you have broken a rule that does not even exist. It happens a lot. Avoiding trouble was the point.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I said it is natural not illegal, and sometimes the less attention you draw to yourself the better, lest someone with not enough to do decides you have broken a rule that does not even exist. It happens a lot. Avoiding trouble was the point.

Just ask the proud finders of stuff they tried to sell on ebay. Can you prove it isn't from Indian landf or protected area? Do you have a bill-of-sale? That is the game. Potdiggers mostly to blame but where do all the museum artifacts come from? DONATED or BOUGHT from potdiggers. :0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, those that have the power break the rules, the rest of us have to abide by the rules, then prove we did.....sad.

Treasure Found

Greenie
Feb 14, 2015
St. Augustine
Detector(s) used
No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask the proud finders of stuff they tried to sell on ebay. Can you prove it isn't from Indian landf or protected area? Do you have a bill-of-sale? That is the game. Potdiggers mostly to blame but where do all the museum artifacts come from? DONATED or BOUGHT from potdiggers. :0

You could say,

These “Arrowhead's” are not from Indian graves, Public Lands, Indian produced,
an Indian product or the product of a particular Indian, Indian Tribe or Indian
Arts and Crafts Organization as defined by 2.5 USC & 305

:icon_thumleft: If It's True. . . . Just saying :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions