North Carolina Parks

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I only know that Winston-Salem forbids it. I'm certain there are others.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on the city's/town's web site for the rules governing the local park(s).

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Rowan (Salisbury) and Stanley (Albemarle) counties are tough on MDers.

I live in Charlotte, the rules say "no", but we do it anyway, and the rangers usually don't say anything. We adhere to these rules: Stay away from children, if they approach, just say "stranger danger" and they will go away, hand digger only, dress decent (if you look homeless, you will be treated as such), stay on the margins, the rangers are too lazy to actually chase you off, but if they can yell out of the truck window, they will. Don't dig big holes and make a mess.

I have hunted the parks hundred of times. I have only been asked to leave twice, and I was able to talk the ranger out of booting me both times. If you are polite, clean and enthusiastic, you shouldn't have an issue in Charlotte.

Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
Diggin Canada

Diggin Canada

Apr 22, 2014
Ontario
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rowan (Salisbury) and Stanley (Albemarle) counties are tough on MDers.

I live in Charlotte, the rules say "no", but we do it anyway, and the rangers usually don't say anything. We adhere to these rules: Stay away from children, if they approach, just say "stranger danger" and they will go away, hand digger only, dress decent (if you look homeless, you will be treated as such), stay on the margins, the rangers are too lazy to actually chase you off, but if they can yell out of the truck window, they will. Don't dig big holes and make a mess.

I have hunted the parks hundred of times. I have only been asked to leave twice, and I was able to talk the ranger out of booting me both times. If you are polite, clean and enthusiastic, you shouldn't have an issue in Charlotte.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks! It all makes sense. Do you know about the towns around the I-95 such as Roanoke Rapids, Rocky Mount and Wilson? I also read that detecting public schools are allowed but how can I tell if it is a public school? This may seem like a stupid question but in Ontario a school will say ----- public school but all I see is ----- Elementary school or ------ High school. Does this mean that they are public?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! It all makes sense. Do you know about the towns around the I-95 such as Roanoke Rapids, Rocky Mount and Wilson? I also read that detecting public schools are allowed but how can I tell if it is a public school? This may seem like a stupid question but in Ontario a school will say ----- public school but all I see is ----- Elementary school or ------ High school. Does this mean that they are public?

Public schools mean that the government runs the school, almost all schools are public, they have signs out front that say "xxx county school system". Private schools are for rich kids whose parents can afford to send them to schools where the poor kids can not go. Like public colleges vs. private colleges... same deal.

Best of luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread