What if a tourist finds precious metal?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... I am single, and my second worldly vice is chasing wild women yelling I am in the mood.

Well, I'm not a wild woman, so I'm probably not your type. :o

# 1. Pertaining to nuggets, they are like single coins, put both in your pockets and only tell you wife or girlfriend or both....

Uh oh, sounds like you go by the "does anyone really care?" test of things. Watch out, or you'll get a tongue-lashing !

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really care for treasure hunters who are abused by towns, cites, country and federal officials. We should be allow to search our lands, to search for single coins gold nuggets and jewels, and for buried treasures, for fun, enjoyment and sell these items to support our families and pay expenses for our equipment,, gas and oil and other expenses including supporting our families. We enjoy the great outdoors on public lands which the public including treasure hunters like myself own. I always enjoy my friend, Tom in Ca. comments. I and my cat, Tippy may move to Ca. since there are just few buried treasures in Connecticut, and we have no silver or gold mines in Connecticut unless Ca. who have many more buried treasures and gold and silver mines. I am sure that he will open his home to Tippy, my cat, and treasure hunter partner, and myself, and take us with him to go big time treasure hunting. Good hunting and good luck.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey Samuel, us west coast guys have-it-in-our-minds that you east coast guys "have all the fun". We keep reading of colonial coppers, busts, large cents, reales, etc..... I'm convinced that every sand box over there is brimming with 1600s to 1800's coins ! haha

A couple of buddies of mine from CA (who are .... uh .... well off and semi-retired financially) actually fly in to the east coast annually JUST to detect. They pick a random east coast airport (Baltimore, NY, PA, CT, etc...). Then get a rental car, and purposefully head out the big city, to tour the smaller towns. They find the old town commons, parks, etc... and just help themselves. Oh sure, they have the presence of mind to choose low traffic times. But other than that, have had little to no problems. An occasional griper, but ... they just give lip service and move on. They always come back with seateds, barbers, an occasional large cent, etc.... They've even gotten reales from the turfed parks over there on occasion !

Point is: They're not lacking for places to hunt :)

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy hearing from my good friend, Lastleg, who told me that he was on his last leg. No gold or silver mines in the great state of Connecticut. There is only one buried treasure in my state which I hope to find. Then I and my true friend, Tippy my cat will be off to join Lastleg and Tom to search the many buried treasures and gold and silver mines. I am sure that I will fit in with the many hippies in the second great state of California. See you both soon. Tippy has her own metal detector, and entitle to her fair share.

Sam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions