Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By 10pan
  • 1 Post By Deft Tones
  • 2 Post By 10pan
  • 1 Post By Getter

Thread: Fish and Wildlife attitude

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2007
    North GA
    Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Fish and Wildlife attitude

A day of river detecting was ruined today by a DNR agent that was ignorant about GA law concerning MDing. After pulling me out of the water and making a huge scene in front of my kids and others saying I did not own the land that I had no right to be there detecting, he was informed by someone on the phone that I was allowed to be there. He then read the same law I told him about to start with back to me as if I didn't know.
    The rest of the day was spent being harassed by city police and county sheriff deputies looking for someone digging huge holes in the county park. No doubt this was called in by the shamed DNR guy because I was in the river and did not detect at all on land. I guess what bothered me the most was all this took place with him wearing bullet proof vest and military style getup. Why is that needed to harass fisherman and people metal detecting and other criminal outlaw activities that a Fish and Wildlife agent may come across. What has happened to our country?
    Nitric and Honest Samuel like this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    6055 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Ouch. Bummer This kind of stuff is exactly why 90% of my hunting nowadays, is done at night. So peaceful. So serene

us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
    2150 times
    Gimme your jewels
    What if that Agent stumbles upon a "grow"? That vest might allow him enough time to call for back-up. 100 more other reasons possible too.

Don't flatter yourself thinking he's all dressed up to play just for you.

And now he knows the law himself.
    RTH likes this.

us
    Nov 2007
    North GA
    Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
    22 times
    The majority of their time is spent on public shorelines checking for fishing license to generate income. Maybe my next trip out MDing I should go in military gear and loaded for bear. you never know when I might stumble across a grow field.
    cudamark and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    Nov 2007
    North GA
    22 times
    need to educate myself so I can do this.

Jun 2017
    60 times
    It's amazing how many cops are ignorant about the laws they are tasked with enforcing. Even worse? The ones who play congress and make it up as they go along.
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    Yep, my avatar is me and my kitty!

saving the world, one dumpster at a time!

us
    Nov 2009
    Zebulon NC
    Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
    4 times
    Cops are allowed to make mistakes but YOU are not!
    Check out and subscribe to my detecting videos on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/InspireImages#p/a

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    1408 times
    It sounds like this bully and thug is also a Loser. Sorry for you.

us
    Sgt Retired

Jun 2017
    Ann Arbor
    54 times
    the equipment is now standard for those folks so I don't see the issue with that, but being unprofessional in front of a citizen and their family is a different matter, he should have known better. What I do is print out the legal info for the state county or local jurisdiction that I am hunting in and keep it in my wallet. I'm not saying keep em in there all the time, just for the places you are going on that hunt. Saves a lot of time when you can show them instead of telling. Most of the times me words no work good (that's what my wife says but I still love her) so it's best to have something in writing with the laws and statutes so they can read it and go suck an egg. Sometimes when an officer is working a natural resources gig, it's easy to get emotional about that park or the culture of the area they work in, still he shouldn't have been a dick and tried to get his buddies to harass you. Passion is what protects our sport and our natural areas. Just being objective, no disrespect to you, I'm sorry that happened.

Also, did he have a mustache? I have a theory about law enforcement folks with mustaches.
    Last edited by P.ALLEN; Jun 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM.
    "Ability is nothing without opportunity" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links