Mega treasure bartered - How screwed am I? Advice? Referrals?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just let me know where the treasure is and ill salvage for you guys and I promise ill cut eveyone in. This way you guys can all stay friends no matter how many names you guys go buy. I already have a hunch you guys are in florida somewhere. ??

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Terry Soloman:

If the OP wanted to consult an attorney he wouldn't have asked for free advice on the Internets. For a lawyer to opine based on the information presented would probably be malpractice.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The mod's here have been more than fair. Even when they differ with a participant's views. There's a right way and a wrong way to chime in. And it's not the CONTENT (opinion) that is censored. It's the tone that is censored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Edit: There's been a few moderator bans that were content oriented, and not behavior oriented. But those are rare. For real crazy stuff like people rambling on and on about UFO's or politics or something, on the wrong forum headings. But that's only for when it becomes egregious and the person simply isn't making any sense. Otherwise, don't confuse behavior/tone bans with content/belief bans.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
ALL of the Mods here do extra duty on and in this forum that some people refuse to acknowledge. These extra duties allow Admin to keep a wonderful and functioning Tnet in full operation. And while I don't know most of the Mods personally (meaning, via PM's or posts), I have to respect their trusted position. I see Admin make posts now and then, so I would assume that they are also watching and keeping tabs on things.

As for violation of the 2nd rule, here's my understanding of it:
Every member is allowed one account and one username. So, if someone ends up with (2) or more accounts/usernames, then it MUST BE ASSUMED that any one of these usernames is working as a proxy for the others, OR that it falls under the first rule in Post #10; false/fraudulent/[deceptive] pretenses.

The OP states later that he is not concerned about his identity being known by the other involved parties, but is now (Post #8) glad that we don't know who he is as he now feels foolish. Excuse me, but I just can't seem to find any logic there.

As for the comment about one Mod who inappropriately uses/abuses his power, I have seen times when posts were deleted, but I believed the Mod was trying to protect the integrity of the thread topic by removing some of the posts, including his own. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong. I "AM" wrong an awful lot(!!), but... The Mods are simply people - not machines (even though Treasure_Hunter sometimes seems like one :tongue3:), and therefore must be allowed to make bad or flawed choices just like the rest of us are allowed to do.

Please forgive the rant. I'm unsubscribing from this thread so as not to disrupt it any further.

jastrowinkle

Greenie
Feb 4, 2017
Jastro Winkle, Calif
Detector(s) used
visual/ anthill/ topology
Primary Interest:
Other
find another or several more investor's by using what you know about the current investor. you will change the thinking of your friend and change the policy of the investor. try it

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
While it may SEEM to non-tone-related , yet that's just in the "heat of the moment". When someone we wish to sway isn't being swayed to our opinion. We simply don't see our own "tone". And feel it's "content" related. And to the extent that .... yes the mod's are human too (yes they will tend to possibly "favor" content and overlook tone), yet ......... Isn't that inherent in all human discussion anywhere you go on earth ?

And we learn from our youngest age to get through those roadblocks by navigating to get our views to our peers in IN A WAY THAT'S PALATABLE and gracious.

I see contrary opinion ALL THE TIME to the opinions of the mod's. Yet those posters are not banned. What does that tell you ? It tells you that there's a right way and a wrong way to get your opinion in the public square.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No. Of COURSE no "one individual post" is EVER "egregious" or "wrong toned". But over time, given enough needling to other individuals, then you start to deal with 'straws that break camel's backs".

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Im a very active paying member of Treasurenet under another name, but both parties involved may be on this site.

TreasureNet - Rules

I am really getting sick of folks like you on here, you think it is fine to break the rules because you are a paying member.

Perhaps you should go troll some legal office to figure out your issues, then stop off at mental health and let them know that even online you have to use more than one identity.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once asked to perform a professional then engages in a contract of performance. Unless you have witnesses to the verbal request AND there was an agreement of compensation, ie a percentage of the prize or a finders fee, then you just did a friend a favor and you can beg for their kindness.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When all else fails...

Use sign language. :P

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see how you have any legal recourse to any share - sorry, you should have made it clear to all parties concerned from the get go.

I see you have two options...

1) forget it move on..

2) make everything you know public and sit back and watch the fireworks!!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Verbal contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. If money people want to hire you for any reasons including contact with other people including treasure hunters, then get it in writing and a separate contract with treasure hunters. Then a separate contract with both parties. If confuse, contact a lawyer. Good hunting and good luck.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mod's here have been more than fair. Even when they differ with a participant's views. There's a right way and a wrong way to chime in. And it's not the CONTENT (opinion) that is censored. It's the tone that is censored.
Remember, Donald Trump and I have Tone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread