Mega treasure bartered - How screwed am I? Advice? Referrals?

Bashful Boy

Feb 7, 2017
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very very very large, important treasure is about to be salvaged because I introduced the person who found it to some people who will fund the very expensive expedition to recover it.

I do contract work for the money people and am friends with the treasure finder.

These people would not have met had it not been for me. When I made the introduction, I fully expected to be "cut in" on any deals. Im out of the loop, though I do know that the money people have a contract with the finder and are moving forward with recovery operations. I have no idea how to get in on a deal that has been made without jeopardizing the relationships.

Do I have a legal recourse? Any leverage at all to get a sliver of the treasure?

Id appreciate any suggestions about what to do in this case... Who should I contact? Any referrals?

----
Dont judge me for lack of posts. Im a very active paying member of Treasurenet under another name, but both parties involved may be on this site.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dont judge me for lack of posts. Im a very active paying member of Treasurenet under another name, but both parties involved may be on this site.

Then they will know who you are by this post .
Gary

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
legally you are out

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did the person that found the treasure ask you to find a salvage company?

I don't think you are entitled to any of it.... unless you were acting in a professional capacity; in witch case you probably should have agreed on fees at that time..

Danny

OP
OP
Bashful Boy

Bashful Boy

Feb 7, 2017
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The money people asked me to find someone with a treasure and I delivered big time. I was acting in a professional capacity on their behalf and continue to do work for them in a separate contract. There was a verbal promise that I would be involved. But then a contract was made without me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very very very large, important treasure is about to be salvaged because I introduced the person who found it to some people who will fund the very expensive expedition to recover it.

I do contract work for the money people and am friends with the treasure finder.

These people would not have met had it not been for me. When I made the introduction, I fully expected to be "cut in" on any deals. Im out of the loop, though I do know that the money people have a contract with the finder and are moving forward with recovery operations. I have no idea how to get in on a deal that has been made without jeopardizing the relationships.

Do I have a legal recourse? Any leverage at all to get a sliver of the treasure?

Id appreciate any suggestions about what to do in this case... Who should I contact? Any referrals?

----

BashfulBoy, sorry but your violating our rules by being under multiple names. Please pick one and others will be deleted.

Unless you had a legal contract you most likely have no legal standing for introducing people.

OP
OP
Bashful Boy

Bashful Boy

Feb 7, 2017
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they figure out who I am fine. But YOU don't know who I am, which is more important to me since I feel like a fool right now!

OP
OP
Bashful Boy

Bashful Boy

Feb 7, 2017
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I missed that in the rules. Makes sense. Well. That was a bust. Just one referral to a lawyer would have been a nice outcome. Guess I'll bow out here.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not.... Create user accounts under false or fraudulent pretenses.
You may not.... Act as a proxy for another member.

The Rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your registered under 3 names which violates our rules, please pick one name and pm me what it is as the other 2 will be locked out. We do not allow members to have multiple usernames.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, looks like Tnmountains and I were typing at same time.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is called Mod overlap

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The money people asked me to find someone with a treasure and I delivered big time. I was acting in a professional capacity on their behalf and continue to do work for them in a separate contract. There was a verbal promise that I would be involved. But then a contract was made without me.

You just randomly knew someone with a treasure?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 names, Holy Moly, How can anyone keep up with themselves that way.........Is this referring to the Bering Sea Gold? JK

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Bashful Boy:

You can try to enforce your verbal agreement. Those are, as the old saying goes, worth the paper they are written on.

You can rely on your relationship with both parties and hope they do the right thing. You performed a useful service bringing them together. At the very least, a finder's fee from one or both sides.

Do you plan on continuing your relationships with one or both parties? That would certainly influence how hard you plan to push it. One presumes they'd like this all to be kept quiet, so there may be some perceived advantage on their part to not have this dragged through a public arena.

You can write the party with whom you have a verbal agreement and request an update on the progress of project. That's a fairly neutral way to open negotiations. Again, if this is the last time you work with either side (and it sounds like it might be for a variety of reasons) you can significantly overstate the agreed upon fee, hoping they will respond in writing correcting your effort. Then you'll have a written contract.

That, of course, is a very aggressive move.

Please keep in mind I am not an attorney, we have very limited information about this situation, and this advice is free, given in return for and specifically with the understanding there is no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever about any or all of it.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
kingskid1611:

When your Mom called you by all three of your names you knew you were deep in the horse puckey...

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

----

Pray Grasshopper, and don't be bitter. 8-)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you plan on suing (and probably losing), I'd keep in good stead with both parties and show interest and willingness to help in the recovery of the treasure. Keeping your name in the mix might keep them reminded of your involvement and value. Maybe ask to see some of the items recovered. How about dropping a hint that you know of ANOTHER treasure just waiting to be recovered, but, that you would want to see how this deal turns out first.:icon_thumright: Good Luck! Next time get a contract written up before introducing the two parties.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not.... Create user accounts under false or fraudulent pretenses.
You may not.... Act as a proxy for another member.

The Rules.

As sensible and needed as this rule is, it could be argued that there were no false or fraudulent pretenses intended or committed by creating the other account. There was no intent to deceive, lie, coerce, defraud, steal, etc. Although poorly executed, it was merely an attempt to garner sympathy and legal information for his cause.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread