Sueing the BC goverment for hideing history.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All treasureneters.:hello2:

I could use some advice is my attempt to sue the British Columbia government for hiding history. :laughing7:
I could go to the Canadian metal detecting website to make it public, but like the Canadian heritage people they may be to stuck up and possibly corrupted . :protest:
It only took the guy who found a Francis drake coin 20 posts to lock a post started on the subject.
Official Canadian Metal Detecting ? Login
Any advice and help would be appreciated and making it public will help to keep it clean. Photos and proof can be gotten from me through pm's.
My newest discoveries and theory is very cool and points to the location of the decedents of these guys. :notworthy:
Spy's for the English placed on Vancouver island in 1577 lead to the nootka convention some 200 years later. what these men and there half breed kin accomplished should not be hidden from history.

"When Drake arrived in New Albion, he had 2 ships and 85 men. He could not return by the Straits of Magellan because the Spanish would be waiting for him so he decided to sail around the world and reach England by that route.

When he arrived at the Moluccas, he had 65 men, so 20 were left behind to found a colony, and continue looking for the Northwest Passage:
How the men were selected for this mission will never be known. Even their names were subsequently lost to memory except for one man: the pilot named Morera. However, it is a fact that some twenty of Drake's men were unaccounted for when he left this coast. No doubt Drake offered "profitable persuasions" such as he had first promised in June.
Most likely, they were instructed to proceed to the junction of the strait with the passage eastward, and then to continue only if the seaway clearly was open. If not, they would have had to return down the coast to their former camp at Whale Cove, which alone offered a secure relationship with the Indians, and await rescue. There certainly would not have been any thought of them trying to return to England via Magellan's Strait or crossing the Pacific in such small vessels. But Drake would have assured them that with the great cargo of treasure he was bringing back, the Queen would allow him to return for them if need be, and to fulfill his plan for Nova Albion.
(Bawlf, The Secret Voyage of Sir Francis Drake, pp. 324-325).

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hello there Hmmmm. I have looked over your link, and it was not the villainous government who locked that post (or banned you, or whatever it was that happened). It was the over-blown conspiracy theory stuff you are posting.

It comes out in tell-tale statments of yours like this: "... allowing the facts to come out could be dangerous ... "

And stuff like this (re the big bad government there):

" ....if you find a item older then 1849, it is against the law to remove it in canada, legally you have to call in the experts to remove it and take it. If you touch it you are breaking the law. ....."

Oh puullleeasee, don't fool yourself for a moment that your fellow Canadian hunters haven't found coins older than that. And trust me, no one cares (unless you go making a nuisance of yourself parading yourself around purist archies up there)

Please don't start conspiracy theory stuff here either. And no, please don't "sue the government". Here's what's going to happen if you do that: You are ONLY going to make md'rs the subject of scrutiny, and bring about MORE LAWS and MORE MAGNIFYING GLASSES on us.

And if it's true you found an old coin, that pre-dates the earliest supposed European toe-holds there, so what ? Good for you. Post it on the "today's finds" section, and we all love to see show & tell. But no, don't go making stinks and starting conspiracy theories about this stuff.

And also: Don't be convinced that coins that are much older that established history couldn't have arrived there well after the date on the coin. I know a guy who found a Roman coin from AD 100 in Monterey, California. He never thought for a moment that the "Romans were here 1500 yrs. before the Europeans". He just figured some returning soldier after wwI or ww2 brought it back as a souvenir. He got his "atteboys" from his fellow hunters, and ... no, didn't start some grand historical conspiracy and sue-ing people over it. So please, do likewise and don't embarrass the hobby of md'ing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has nothing to do with a coin.
1, it has to do with Spanish and English mining and the fighting over the area mostly between 1577 AND 1790.
2 Its about the evidence they left behind and as i said , not coins , bigger evidence..
3 it has to also do with the local natives and there questions about the European features and who the sailors where they took in long ago.
4 it has to do with a question, where did the men Francis drake left behind go, they would not be stupid enough to not blend with the Indians to survive and don't tell me they stayed celibate.
As for why the page was shut down, of course it was my posts that did it. as for conspiracies, i am fine with the 2, 30 billion dollar big businesses ventures going in on the Indian land.
This picture is old and shows the features of the local native light colored eyes and hair.
DSCF2486 (1280x960).jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
dude, who CARES if some lonely sailor was up there "getting nookie" and fathered a child ? Who CARES if you found a tunnel you *think* predates the first European toe-hold of the Russians or Spanish in that area ? If you start suing people for md'ing purposes (or ... excuse me ... cave-finding purposes) you're only going to make us the laughing stock.

Just post your finds on the today's find section and be on with it ! If you want some sort of govt. sanctioned history book recognition, do what others of us have done, and be involved in historical societies, or become an archaeologist, otherwise you're going to be looked at as another Tnet poster who simply watched one too many re-runs of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude, who CARES if some lonely sailor was up there "getting nookie" and fathered a child ? Who CARES if you found a tunnel you *think* predates the first European toe-hold of the Russians or Spanish in that area ? If you start suing people for md'ing purposes (or ... excuse me ... cave-finding purposes) you're only going to make us the laughing stock.

Just post your finds on the today's find section and be on with it ! If you want some sort of govt. sanctioned history book recognition, do what others of us have done, and be involved in historical societies, or become an archaeologist, otherwise you're going to be looked at as another Tnet poster who simply watched one too many re-runs of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

This is just your interpretation "who CARES if some lonely sailor was up there "getting nookie" and fathered a child ? Who CARES" on what i said about the 20 missing sailors from Francis drakes 1577 trip around the world. I think there are some who care and would like to find them. they have to be buried somewhere.
This is the place i posted this Treasure Hunting Legal Issues
And yes this whole thing does have something to do with metal detecting, as far as metal detectorists being a laughing stock. if my metal detector re wrights, history how is that making us a laughing stock.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
This is just your interpretation "who CARES if some lonely sailor was up there "getting nookie" and fathered a child ? Who CARES" on what i said about the 20 missing sailors from Francis drakes 1577 trip around the world. I think there are some who care and would like to find them. they have to be buried somewhere.
This is the place i posted this Treasure Hunting Legal Issues
And yes this whole thing does have something to do with metal detecting, as far as metal detectorists being a laughing stock. if my metal detector re wrights, history how is that making us a laughing stock.

Hmmm, the fact you admit this has to do with md'ing (I assume you are a md'r hobbyist), is ALL THE MORE REASON not to sue some govt. agency. The only thing you're going to bring down on yourself and us, is : "Who the h*ll is this Hmmm guy to be digging around disturbing cultural heritage?" Why don't you become a credentialed archaeologist, or ... at a minimum .... be involved with historical societies and museums donating docent time, and THEN you will have a semblance of someone who should be heard, "is a part", and so forth.

And also, since your stuff is all filled with conspiracy theory stuff (as evidenced by the link you give here), it will only further their resolve to roll their eyebrows, ignore you, etc... And sure, you'll consider that as ALL THE MORE PROOF that some grand conspiracy (by the big bad villainous government) right ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Let me give you an example of how you're only going to make it worse on yourself and md'rs:

There was a sincere md'r (much like yourself) on the each coast, md'ing along some sand dunes. He got a big signal, dug way down, and eventually hit wooden planks of some sort. He dug and dug, exposing more and more of this wood, as associated metal joints, bolts, etc... But it was just too big to continue digging up.

The guy was CONVINCED he'd found some historic beached galleon or ship or whatever. And treasure signs went into his eyes, musing over the treasure that most certainly must be there. However, this was going to take heavy equipment. And he, like you, wanted his "historic find" documented for the world to know, share, and enjoy.

Mind you, the odds are, all it was was old wooden plank pedestrian walkways, that had simply been covered over by drifting sand, right ? Or just buried beach junk, right ?

So the guy (bless his little heart) went to various govt. agencies on whom the exact beach was, telling them he'd found a treasure, and wanted to "split it" with them. He proposed a 60/40 split, or whatever. And he explained how he'd take their people out to the site and show them. Provided a split was arranged, heavy equipment brought in , etc...

This "pressing issue" made its way up the bureaucratic chain, to ... guess who .... archies! Go figure, any buried historic item is their particular job to look into and make decisions on . RIGHT ? Well guess what happened Hmmm? Instead of taking interest in his supposed amazing discovery, the archies were AGHAST that metal detecting was going on , on "their" beach. Ie.: who authorized this dig in the first place ? blah blah blah. So instead of aligning theirselves with this guy, they .... instead, made rules FORBIDDING such activity. I mean, doh, "we don't want a bunch of yahoos going around and disturbing the cultural heritage, do we ?"

So you see Hmmm ? All you're going to do is make yourself a laughing stock, and bring laws/rules AGAINST US. Not some glowing pats on the back for us.

If you really think you've found something, Just show the world. Get involved (in actual contributions of hours, not just waltzing in and demanding they study your stuff) in historical societies, archaeological degree, etc......

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This "pressing issue" made its way up the bureaucratic chain, to ... guess who .... archies! Go figure, any buried historic item is their particular job to look into and make decisions on . RIGHT ? Well guess what happened Hmmm? Instead of taking interest in his supposed amazing discovery, the archies were AGHAST that metal detecting was going on , on "their" beach. Ie.: who authorized this dig in the first place ? blah blah blah. So instead of aligning theirselves with this guy, they .... instead, made rules FORBIDDING such activity. I mean, doh, "we don't want a bunch of yahoos going around and disturbing the cultural heritage, do we ?"

Thank you, You are helping my case.

they .... instead, made rules FORBIDDING such activity.

Hiding history is how the canadain archies likes to do things.

have a look at how this MD was helped by his government archeologists after he made a discovery. .

Staffordshire hoard: Amateur treasure hunter finds Britain's biggest haul of Anglo-Saxon gold | Daily Mail Online

My government will not allow this to happen.

You seem to want to argue and not ask for history or evidence, that fine its a free countries.

"The only thing you're going to bring down on yourself and us, is : "Who the h*ll is this Hmmm guy to be digging around disturbing cultural heritage?""

Its a little late for that, they have spent 100s of k and waisted 4 years of there and other agencies time on that.

The old sites i was digging that had historical significance, which was seen in 1880 when they where excluded from indian reserves, has now been added to treaty lands.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... this MD was helped by his government archeologists after he made a discovery. .

Staffordshire hoard: Amateur treasure hunter finds Britain's biggest haul of Anglo-Saxon gold | Daily Mail Online

My government will not allow this to happen.....

Then why don't you move to Britain, and find something great over there ?

And why don't you consider, for just-one-moment, that your find is not in league with that ? And that perhaps that hunter's personality/persona is different than yours ? Namely: That he's not steeped in conspiracy theory paranoia like you ? (say it isn't so).

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am done with this pissing contest with you.
Let someone else try.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really care if people know where i was digging because it is all treaty land now and they don't want any one detecting on there land exposing history. :BangHead:
I should point out when i say " was digging", this was pre treaty when the sites where crown land and they where cultivated sites, the caves and mines where not disturbed, just filmed , photoed and examined. Totally legal.
This small Indian band has big deals in the works for there land, or at least someone has big deals planned for the Indian land. :occasion14:
It is a good path for big business to build on treaty land, treaty land has its own rules and building on it means different regulations.

Right where the Spanish had its mining camp is where these are proposed and when i said 30 billion dollar projects, i was not bsing.

The project in the spot light is
https://huuayaht.org/2014/11/29/huu...-to-continue-to-explore-proposed-lng-project/

The second project which will be built on the same island, Santa maria island, which is Spanish for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santamaria
is proposed to go right next to the lng terminal on newly acquired private land that will be added to treaty land.
PATH Project

This project will be built on the same land as the lng, but is not part of the bands referendum planed for late march when they do the final vote for the lng terminal.
It will likly be slipped in once the deal is done and the Indians say yes to the safe , low impact natural gas deal

https://huuayaht.org/community-news/news/lng-updates-2016/

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... where i was digging because it is all treaty land now and they don't want any one detecting on there land exposing history...

Wait, so acknowledge they "don't want anyone detecting", then by logical extension, you .... likewise ... "shouldn't have been digging". So then you've answered your own question: You have no right to sue them, because you shouldn't have been digging those supposed tunnels, in the first place. Ie.: disturbing cultural heritage. Which I know is stupid, or course, I "disturb cultural heritage" ALL THE TIME too. But nonetheless, gives you zero ground to "sue" anyone.

Get it now ?

As for all the other stuff in your post # 12, this all reeks of conspiracy theory stuff. An analogous example is this: I too can give you lots of cool links showing how munitions manufacturers proffitted during WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc.... And will thus conclude that there was collusion, planning, conspiracy, etc... by those munitions manufacturers, to purposefully cause wars, right ? Afterall, they had a "financial stake". What further proof do we need ? :icon_scratch:

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a thought im not getting to involved in this but you ever think in 1577 sailing around the world a few sailors might not have lived through the voyage?

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought im not getting to involved in this but you ever think in 1577 sailing around the world a few sailors might not have lived through the voyage?

Of course he would have lost men, this is a synopsis of his famous voyage that has may secrets and before he made it to the pacific he had a;ready lost a ship.

Francis Drake The Voyage

But you need you to understand, drake was doing what he could to aid his country in claiming new land and battling the spanish who already had a hold on the Americas.
Leaving 20 men on a coast like bc coast to live with the natives and have spy's would be a good strategic move.

one more thing , a lawyer told me DNA tests could tell a lot in regards to this theories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions