jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GRATZ — State police at Lykens are investigating a theft involving a 55-year-old Gratz woman that occurred between Feb. 17 and 19.
Police said the woman reported receiving a text message in reference to an ad she had on Craigslist from a man who said he was from Ohio and that he could only pay using PayPal.
The man said he was going to put money into the woman’s PayPal account to purchase items she had listed for sale, but the woman refused to take payment that way, police said.
The man then created a fake email and represented himself as the FBI, claiming he was going to arrest her if she didn't send money. Police said the woman sent a $520 MoneyGram card to an individual in Indiana.

Police are warning all residents to be aware of potential fraudulent activities associated with Craigslist.

People are really Dumb !

I would have said come on by !
I'm locked & Loaded & ready !

and prove pretty quickly it's a scam.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I hope they catch the scumbag and put him in a jail cell with someone that hates his guts!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I choose only to meet in person if buying on craigslist or offerup. I have had many attempt to purchase from me that "just left the area on vacation" I laugh and say contact me again when you get back........

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's stupid people like that, that keep those scammers in business.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
NEVER buy anything on craigslist that you're not able to go and pick up. If you're selling accept only cash. It ain't Ebay and there is NO protection for a deal gone bad.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's stupid people like that, that keep those scammers in business.
yep !

in the First place she said, She told him she did not want it on her Paypal.
So even if she had Paypal, Why would she give him per PayPal ID ?

If she didn't. then him suggesting he sent it to her Paypal is Impossible.
If she did give him per PayPal ID , & the money wasn't there. make him prove it Was. (receipt ?)

FBI Asking for a MoneyGram card ? Not Likely.

No Trial , No Verdict, No Case

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered an ad in the help wanted section of phoenix craigslist about 4 years ago. The ad was that a company was paying 300 a month for you to have an advertising wrap put on your car. So i answered with name and address as i will certainly advertise for 300 a month. A couple weeks later i get a large envelope in the mail along with a check for 1550... and drawn on a california bank. The letter inside claimed that they were contracted through another company back east and i was supposed to cash the check and send western union 950 to that company to pay for the work of applying the wrap. First thing i did was call the bank on the check. Bank was real , account was not. Wonder how many people did try that scam . If it seems too good to be real it probably is !

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered an ad in the help wanted section of phoenix craigslist about 4 years ago. The ad was that a company was paying 300 a month for you to have an advertising wrap put on your car. So i answered with name and address as i will certainly advertise for 300 a month. A couple weeks later i get a large envelope in the mail along with a check for 1550... and drawn on a california bank. The letter inside claimed that they were contracted through another company back east and i was supposed to cash the check and send western union 950 to that company to pay for the work of applying the wrap. First thing i did was call the bank on the check. Bank was real , account was not. Wonder how many people did try that scam . If it seems too good to be real it probably is !

Yea I looked at those wraps a Couple Times when I didn't have a Vehicle.
some Claimed they would even give you a free Car to use for the Advertising Period along with Gas.
Seemed too good to be true. Especially for my area.

occasionally I'll see a wrapped car around here, but it's rare.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER buy anything on craigslist that you're not able to go and pick up. If you're selling accept only cash. It ain't Ebay and there is NO protection for a deal gone bad.
Never deal alone, always have a least one person with you. They may want to rob you of your money and items. Be careful and good luck.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was selling a car on Craigslist about 10 years ago. I got an offer I "couldn't refuse". The "buyer" offered me much more than I was asking, but wanted to pay me with a check. I was to deposit it, take out half of the extra money and give it the person who showed up to recover the car for the "buyer". Since they were just so darned generous in their offer I responded with an even lower asking price in recognition of said generosity. I told them the only caveat was for them to pay me in person at my workplace. I told them it would be easy to locate because it was the local police station. Never heard a peep back from them! LOL

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes people are idiots but people that prey on the elderly are well......I can't say that here!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from indiana but

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes people are idiots but people that prey on the elderly are well......I can't say that here!

She was 55. I'm 61 and do not consider myself elderly. She was just plain stupid.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was 55. I'm 61 and do not consider myself elderly. She was just plain stupid.

I'm 61 & Consider others around my Age "Old"
I know I am old too, But rarely admit it to Myself :tongue3:
I do not Find women my age Attractive enough to Date .
My ideal female age is 36 :laughing7:

My point even at 61 I know when someone is trying to pull something on me.
to clarify My Body is older then Most my Age because of Health Issues.
I think my Brain is probably Closer to a 29 Year old:laughing7:

and only times I even have a Twinge where I think it's real.
It's out of greed or belief I'm in Dire Need of it being True.
But still Deep down I don't fall for it.

Last edited:

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live by the old saying "If it Sounds Too Good to Be True, it Probably Is", it has served me well through the years.

syvertsenmay

Feb 8, 2015
Davao
Detector(s) used
German egg metal detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys i found u very active on this site...
Wish to get help from u regarding my project here rightnow.
Just doing it manually.with my 5men workers.
Several signs found.
This was an old japanese emergency hospital.its my grandfathers 24hectares of land.
Rightnow we are digging our project.wont believe it but yes they are working now.
5ft now and we found a stone with a hole?!

Pls email me
[email protected]

+639479673679

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several signs found.
This was an old japanese emergency hospital.its my grandfathers 24hectares of land.
Rightnow we are digging our project.wont believe it but yes they are working now.

Pls email me
[email protected]

+639479673679

Welcome to TreasureNet.

but Sorry ! For what you want, your asking in the wrong spot.

you would Need to Post Pictures Here

Treasure Marks/Signs

The place to discuss tree marks, rock carvings, and other treasure signs and symbols.

in Hopes Someone may Know if it is or isn't treasure related.

and/Or here Philippines if you Expect any Direct Contact.

best thing I can warn you of Though is adding Phone Numbers and EMail for contact info,
Usually scares the Timid & we get reports of Spammers & Scammers. Just saying :icon_thumleft:

but at least if you post it in the Philippines section , you will have locals who may dial the number

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Several signs found.

Pls email me
[email protected]

+639479673679

I liked it, because I think it's a scam on a thread that is talking about scam's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions