Judge allows lawsuit over Blackbeard's shipwreck to proceed

Divertwrk

Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fayetteville videographer accuses North Carolina of violating his copyright. Florida treasure hunter also suing for breach of contract. Florida treasure-hunting company Intersal Inc., which in 1996 found Blackbeard’s wrecked Queen Anne’s Revenge just off the North Carolina coast, is continuing its litigation against North Carolina. Intersal in North Carolina Business Court accuses the state of breach of contract and infringement of intellectual property rights. The case is scheduled for trial in spring 2018, said John Masters, chairman of Intersal’s board. A spokeswoman for the department declined comment on Monday, on either Allen’s lawsuit or Intersal’s lawsuit and ethics complaints, saying it would be inappropriate for the agency to make a statement now. Judge allows lawsuit over Blackbeard's shipwreck to proceed

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the company the best in their lawsuits. If no treasures is found in or near the ship, may Blackbeard bury his treasures nearby. Good hunting and good luck.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here done any metal detecting on Ocacoke island ?

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sadly, Outer Banks beaches are one of the few that I have seen that have specific NO METAL DETECTING signs posted. I used to go over the beach there looking for jewelry or coins but no more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread