Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Not so much to the theme of your thread Tom, but was this the old Reed - Hillview Muni Airport in east San Jose?

Also "off topic", but the approach to Mineta SJ Airport where all those homes got taken out used to be a Hot Spot!

Ron, no, the guy who posted about his experience, was from some other mid west or back-east state. Not in CA as I recall.

As for the flight-path homes removed near San Jose airport, yet I remember that. That was quite far from the end of the runways to have been within the actual "runway" realm of things. I think it was more for the purpose that the modern jets just flew in and off so low as to have made it inhospitable for homes to continue to remain.

Not only were coins from there having been homes there, but also much older coins got found, d/t the city used the land to dump dirt that had been dug out of downtown San Jose old-town projects. So even some reales were found there, that had come in with the imported dirt.

I dunno who owned the land . The city I suppose. But it was never fenced or signed or anything (that I recall). Yet I'm sure if someone had gone sleuthing deep enough and long enough, they/we probably would have been told "no".

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that (if you meant that in a legal angle). I would just apply the "does anyone really care? " test of things. Presto, problem solved.

Evidently they do now.....especially if you're paranoid enough to ask.

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Evidently they do now.....especially if you're paranoid enough to ask.

haha, yes it's a catch-22. I had this conversation with someone awhile back. They insisted it is our responsibility to go into city halls wherever we arrive at, to get permission. When I tried to point out that they might run into the psychology of "no one might care UNTIL you ask", this made no sense to them. Because in their mind's eyes: If the desk-clerk gave you a "no", then HOW CAN YOU SAY THEY "didn't" care?"

But this fails to see the correct order of events. That very same person, sure , they "care" now. But ask yourself: Is the only reason they're "caring" simply because someone's dumping this "pressing question" on their lap ? And that truth be told, perhaps would never have registered or cared about it, UNTIL you attach their name to it ? Then all of the sudden, the wheels of their brain turn, and they give you the "safe" answer. So it's sort of a chicken vs egg debate, haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions