Help requested (Spain)

OP
OP
K

Khayboub

Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if there is an international laws then the Spanish guys should respect them.

No disrespect to you AARC but I don't have to answer all your questions due to the sensitivity of the issue.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... A gold brick or two on the table so we can get down to business and if me or my lawyer are not impressed then I'm walking off .....

Ok, so this is not hypothetical. Right ? And if not, then you are not defining "found" as having honed a location/spot down with research. Right ? You have actually seen and touched and felt the bars (yet left them sitting in the same spot for fear of legal issues). Right ?

Please tell us how you are defining "found". If it's just "honed down the location", then no, you have not "found" anything yet. And if you ask me: It would be a waste of your time and govt/lawyer's times, UNLESS you've actually "found" something. If you truly found something, then sure: talk to lawyers and govt. if you want.

And to answer this question (that you keep avoiding) is not to reveal location. So there's no "sensitivity" issue to answer it. Define "found".

OP
OP
K

Khayboub

Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA, here is the attention you requested Sir. Sensitivity speaks to everyone differently. I know what I know and I know how cold it feels.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom_in_CA, here is the attention you requested Sir. Sensitivity speaks to everyone differently. I know what I know and I know how cold it feels.

Right. So you have not found anything. Got it.

OP
OP
K

Khayboub

Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOM_IN_CA, make of my statement whatever you want, just watch this space and keep an eye on the headlines 8-)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The next Mel Fisher is in-the-making , before our eyes. I will be eating crow pretty soon :)

OP
OP
K

Khayboub

Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA, time will tell and good things happen to those who wait.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom_in_CA, time will tell and good things happen to those who wait.

You ought to scroll back through the pages of T'net and see all the folks who have "found" fabulous things. Caves of gold bars, fabled treasure vaults, shipwrecks laden with gold, etc... And they come on for advice on tax laws, excavation techniques (ie.: which detector goes the deepest, etc...). Or where they can smelt 100 lbs of gold, etc.... And .... when you scrutinize the story of the fabulous treasure they "found" (past tense), it's invariably always something their hot on the trail of. They've narrowed it down to the bottom a certain pond, or a certain cave, or a certain valley, etc.... Now it's merely a matter of retrieving it, getting it out of the country, ful-filling government rules, etc....

And when you try to point out to them that they haven't FOUND anything yet , they don't see it that way. In their mind's eyes, since they saw a funny squiggle on a rock, or bought a treasure map from a guy on a street corner, or their coat hanger pointed in a certain direction, then it's 100% certain they "found" a treasure. Just the details of retrieving is the only thing that stands in their way.

So you can see why ... after awhile ... no one pays any attention to those types of posts.

OP
OP
K

Khayboub

Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA, fair enough, I see where you are coming from but stumbling across Skeltons, cannon balls and chests is something surely different huh ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom_in_CA, fair enough, I see where you are coming from but stumbling across Skeltons, cannon balls and chests is something surely different huh ?

If those factors were true, then you're not a "dreamer". Did you look into the contents of the chest ?

OP
OP
K

Khayboub

Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA, you mean hand engraved stuff ? Well that I can't answer my friend 8-)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom_in_CA, you mean hand engraved stuff ? Well that I can't answer my friend 8-)

:dontknow: Not understanding this answer.

If it's laws you're worried about, then you have not broken any law. So long as you left the item right there.

And in-so-far as saying "yes the contents of the chest were such & such", I don't know what your fear is. No one here knows who you are or where you live. Or where the treasure is (since you've left it right where you found it at this point) So ... what's there to fear about saying "yes" or "no" ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread