Cannon ball with boremann fuse

Mercer87nc

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug up a cannon ball in Virginia today and was wanting to know what you guys think it's worth. Believe it's a 12 pounder but feels heavier. The fuse is untapped or no hole has been punched in it to be fired. Any info would be appreciated. IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0275.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to move this thread to the "what is it section".

searching 4

Dec 6, 2017
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
garret ace 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be careful with it, I've heard about cannon balls exploding even after a 100+ years, kind of hard to believe but yep it can happen

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Call in the police and let them handle it.

HELL NO.

The police will destroy it, they are clueless about them.

It's fine, no threat. Call your local relic dealers and ask them who will disarm it for you then pay them to disarm it, there are plenty of guys in Virginia who'll do it for you.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
be careful with it, I've heard about cannon balls exploding even after a 100+ years, kind of hard to believe but yep it can happen

I've read stories about people's I-Phones blowing up in their face too.

This shell is safe but you should get it disarmed by a relic dealer's associate. The biggest threat with civil war shells is naval shells that still have the fuse in them, as long as you don't drill them, they're fine. Those naval shells need to be drilled by an automated machine in a safe room.

But obviously your Boreman isn't a naval fused shell, it's fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread