Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
https://www.saskatoon.ca/parks-recreation-attractions

There is a "search" function @ upper right. I've toyed around with variations of "metal" and "detectors" and "detecting", and see nothing at all in your city code that says "No md'ing". You're welcome to comb through it further, but .... looks like your city is silent on the subject. And if it's not prohibited, then .... it's not dis-allowed.

I would just avoid obvious historic sensitive monuments. Don't be in the middle of deep retrievals when busy-bodies are watching, etc....

The only "restriction" rule is this: You must send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal. Now go find some cool stuff ! :)

pinpointer999

Aug 22, 2015
Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd.
Fisher CZ21
Fisher CZ6a
Makro CF77
Minelab Musketeer XS
Whites DFX
Whites MX5
Whites IDX Pro (Mr. Bill mod.)
White's 5900/di Pro Plus (Keith Southern mod)
White's 6000/di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few pointers

Hi. I've been detecting is Saskatoon since 2015.
There are a handful of dedicated hobbyists hitting the parks and public spaces.
A few have been making a mess and leaving open and or badly damaging holes
in public parks and spaces city-wide in their efforts to dominate the areas. Sadly it may
end up ruining our open permission policy in Saskatoon. The University of Sask.
has already closed to all detecting after some damage was being done to their campus.
Please research methods that will ensure the least amount of damage and leave the spaces
you detect looking clean and as untouched as possible when you leave.

Best of luck, and I hope you enjoy the hobby.... Happy Hunting.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I've been detecting is Saskatoon since 2015.
There are a handful of dedicated hobbyists hitting the parks and public spaces.
A few have been making a mess and leaving open and or badly damaging holes
in public parks and spaces city-wide in their efforts to dominate the areas. Sadly it may
end up ruining our open permission policy in Saskatoon. The University of Sask.
has already closed to all detecting after some damage was being done to their campus.
Please research methods that will ensure the least amount of damage and leave the spaces
you detect looking clean and as untouched as possible when you leave.

Best of luck, and I hope you enjoy the hobby.... Happy Hunting.

I did not know that the campus closed detecting. For the last two years I saw, took pictures of, posted them, tried to fill them back in etc. As recently as two weeks ago I found a big hole open in Buena Vista. I finally ran into the primary individual that was ripping the city apart. His name was Reggie. He used to work at the regional psych. He was unemployed and basically commercial digged to sell finds on Ebay. I tried to get him to be more responsible with his holes and I'm not sure if my efforts where ever successful. Last fall he moved to B.C. to hunt for placer gold. I would advise to avoid making statements based on ignorance or personal bias and painting individuals with the same brush. Some of us have been in the hobby before any of these "handful of dedicated hobbyists", and although not perfect, or leave the odd scruffy plug by accidentally screwing it up, overall try very hard to be conscientious and ethical re the hobby.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread