tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took these yesterday at our local lake called Waneka Lake, which history says was created by a Adolf Waneka in 1865 when he dammed up a nearby spring to hold the water. Today it's a very popular place for the citizens of my town and I have taken the kids and their friends there many times, as they were growing up and have had many picnics and get together's with friends and family over the 30 years of living here. I even knew a Waneka who's family has lived here for generations, but the last time I talk to him, which was maybe 18 to 20 years ago, he said he was selling the farm and moving to Wheatland Wyoming as he could no longer handle the rapid influx of souls that have poured in from pretty much all over the globe from what accents I'm hearing around hear these days. A lot has for sure changed. When I first arrived to this town it had a large Hispanic population and my oldest daughter was in a bilingual school and all the kids would dress up and put on the most beautiful Cinco de Mayo pageant each year back then, but that's no longer anything the schools do anymore. I Had a VHS of one of those at one time with my daughter dancing in this very colorful beautiful dress, but I don't know what happened to it? I only took a few photos on this walk, as the dogs are hard to handle on the leash and shoot pic's with one hand. I saw these Golden Eye ducks out in the center of the lake and then one popped up close enough for a decent shot and there was a pretty cold breeze blowing on the lake as the seagulls seem to tuck themselves in to stay warm. Well so much for the Thanksgiving time off, it's once again Monday and back to work.

HUH! LOOKS LIKE I FOR THE 2ND TIME PUT SNAPSHOTS IN THE WRONG POST AND NO OPTION TO DELETE AND PUT IT IN THE CORRECT PLACE...Oh Well !!!

Attachments

• walk 112518 1.jpg
    walk 112518 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
  • walk 112518 2.jpg
    walk 112518 2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread