Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Metal Detecting Banned Wisconsin DNR Regulated Lands/Waterways

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    9021 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by haxor View Post
    Guns? A-OK. Metal detector? Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.....
    Couple of comments here :

A) Do you know of any md'r who "went to jail" for md'ing ? Paid $200 fine for md'ing ? I'll bet not. And if you COULD cite any incident of a ticket (fine) it would probably be someone who ... with a bit of research, ... could have known better (not to tromp around an obvious sensitive monument). Or a fluke or whatever.

B) Do you know what the difference is between those persons using a gun for a crime, versus using a detector for a crime (assuming each person "asked ahead of time") is ? It's this: The gun-user didn't call ahead to ask "Hi, can I shoot someone please ?". But the md'r, who feels it's his God-given duty DOES call ahead and ask "Hi, can I can metal detect?"

Thus: Shame on those gun-criminals for not calling ahead to get permission. Then they-too could start forums, lamenting their lacks of freedoms. Eh ?
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

sand shark

Jul 2016
    sand shark
    77 times
    Metal Detecting
    well metal detecting already banned in 5% of the usa whats another 2%...soon everybody will be a criminal

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    9021 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    .......soon everybody will be a criminal
    Sure. And the fastest way to get people to think they are "criminal" ? And the fastest way they can get them to "rush around like chickens with their heads cut off" to alleviate those concerns, is ... what ?

Answers:

1) make posts such as this, and

2) rush to seek clarifications

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1664 times
    Prospecting
    I hear that "hate detecting" is a real problem now and will come with stiffer penalties. Digging targets that someone of a different color may have buried is just pure hate and we have to fight that, with hate! Haha

A detector wont do you much good at ancient Indian sites unless you have a pottery detector. They didn't use metals and bones dont ring up.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    9021 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    I hear that "hate detecting" is a real problem now and will come with stiffer penalties. Digging targets that someone of a different color may have buried is just pure hate and we have to fight that, with hate! Haha

A detector wont do you much good at ancient Indian sites unless you have a pottery detector. They didn't use metals and bones dont ring up.
    this brought a chuckle to my morning. Thanx :/

Yes: Native American Indians didn't have refined metals. A small geographic exception might be limited zones with "copper culture".

And so: Detectors can't find arrow heads, beads, grind-pestles, bones, pottery, etc.... That means that .... actually ... Detectors are the MOST EFFICIENT way at NOT disturbing things like Indian bones. We go with precision RIGHT to metal objects only. Contrast to an archie's 5 x 5' x 5' pit, where they "disturb" and touch and handle EVERY single object in their path.

Sheeesssk, us md'rs ought to be given an award for our sensitivity in these matters.

Apr 2017
    1480 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    I feel sorry for all of you who have to put up with all these detecting ban laws. I sure am glad I live in a free country.

sand shark

Jul 2016
    sand shark
    77 times
    Metal Detecting
    if i remember right calcium is a paramagnetic metal that conducts electric ...so to ban metal detectors in native american areas might stand up in court ....theres all ways 2 sides to a coin

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    9021 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racso View Post
    ... with all these detecting ban laws....
    99% of it is "shark attack" psychology. No matter how rare. No matter how infrequent. And no matter how many people swim daily on beaches with zero shark attacks. Yet.... the moment there is ever a headline, somewhere in the world, of a surfer that got chomped . Then : Guess what every fears and thinks is imminent and "everywhere" ?

So too is it with the supposed "everyone hates us" . And "all" the supposed bans with md'ing. 99% of it is nothing more than self-fulfilling vicious circle. Reading a post title, or a headline from far-away place that incites everyone to "rush out and make sure" for their own area. JMHO

sand shark

Jul 2016
    sand shark
    77 times
    Metal Detecting
    lets see road closed due to 50 foot deep tunnel dug under them ....countless dead by UXB or tunnels collapse .....new man made lake built by hand these are all the good reasons metal detecting upland is illegal here .... there its all the holes dug that arent filled in just the sight of them good enough reason its used by the national forest service ...and the funny thing 99% of the detecting is just a waste of time and money think about what u spent to what u found

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    9648 times
    Prospecting
    lets see road closed due to 50 foot deep tunnel dug under them ....countless dead by UXB or tunnels collapse .....new man made lake built by hand these are all the good reasons metal detecting upland is illegal here .... there its all the holes dug that arent filled in just the sight of them good enough reason its used by the national forest service ...and the funny thing 99% of the detecting is just a waste of time and money think about what u spent to what u found
    Where is "here" 666?

us
    Bryan

Jul 2012
    Mid-Missouri
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
    134 times
    ...and the funny thing 99% of the detecting is just a waste of time and money think about what u spent to what u found
    So true! Not counting the cost of equipment -

Gas driving to spot: $10
    Morning coffee (after I drink my thermos from home on the way): $1
    New 9v because I forgot mine on the charger: $5
    Lunch or snack: $7
    Post-hunt beer(s): $3 or more (can get pretty high if I go with fun people)

TOTAL: $26

Clad: $2.06
    Merc dime (that I don't sell): $2
    2 Minie balls (that I also don't sell): $4.

TOTAL: $8.06

Time spent out in the field/woods/park: Priceless

I'd still take a so-so day of detecting over a good day at work or a decent day of fishing.
    Tom_in_CA and 666 like this.
    Bryan in Mid-Missouri
    "MidMoTreasure" on Youtube

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28277 times
    and the funny thing 99% of the detecting is just a waste of time and money think about what u spent to what u found

Tell that to my wife, given her 8 of the 9 diamond rings I have found so far, I wear the Fossil watch I found and my display case has lots of gold and silver rings and silver coins found. My change jar with all my clad found has over $1300 in it now. Made several very good friendships as well.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

sand shark

Jul 2016
    sand shark
    77 times
    Metal Detecting
    well some of u are the 1% like mel fisher but here in the philippines with many large silver treasure sites (manila galleons) millions spent very little found ....and those other war treasuries sites billions spent and countless lives lost in the last 74 years for (blood gold) ....lets see gold fields picked clean for 1000 years ....coin detecting ( modern coins all made out of steel ) everywhere trash targets out number good targets a million to one ....and beach hunting which is allowed in most places the sand tide is 3 to 6 feet so good luck

sand shark

Jul 2016
    sand shark
    77 times
    Metal Detecting
    midmo treasure was out $18 for the day .....sorry to hear that .....lets see the hunters that i know this year 2019 ....3 lost there lives ( age 29 , 31 and 62 ) and a few others cant afford to hunt anymore how much money do u think it cost investors to hand dig a small lake or to mine a 50 foot deep hole to nothing ....let me remember electric and fuel cost one site for the pumps was $100 a day labor was another $100 a day so those investors were out 10 grand a month for rum talk ...mel fisher had to spend over million plus one son if i remember right to be that 1% was it really worth it ....and what burns me up if your the honest type dont forget men in black share 50-100% never forget the Roxas treasure that made fishers looks like a drop in the bucket what he get for all his work he died from mental illness he didnt make the 1%

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    9021 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    ... never forget the Roxas treasure...
    Do you believe the Roxas story ? Never was any treasure or goodies ever shown, to be examined by anyone (other than replicas, token parts of the supposed treasure, etc...). But sure: This lack of treasure was all a part of the grand conspiracy/theft, right ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links