Pending trip to Nashville Tenn

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going on a family vacation to Nashville Tennessee in a few weeks. I am not familiar with any laws or public land where MDing is allowed in this area. Schools, parks, beaches etc...I am not looking for any permission or anything like that. I am just looking for anywhere public in Nashville where this is allowed.
I know Tennessee is very rich in history.
I see so many “artifact” laws that are just down right scary. Jail time and heavy fines.
If anyone knows of specific area(s) to advise me on, I would be much appreciated.
If I find the lost gold of the civil war, I will even cut you in :laughing7:
Thanks in advanced

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would look at the posted rules regarding the land you wish to detect. It will either be online or at the local courthouse. You're not likely to see a rule allowing detecting, but, rather a law forbidding it. Metal detecting is allowed everywhere unless it's outlawed, not the other way around. Please don't go asking local officials for permission. It's best we stay off their radar. Many times they don't know the law anyway and will just give you either the safe answer (NO) or their own biased opinion. I'd look it up myself, but, it wouldn't hurt to hear what the local detectorists have to say. Maybe contact the local detecting club if you don't get some opinions here. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread