000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg

Louie D

Nov 16, 2018
The Motor City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's cringe worthy how they used to routinely publish peoples names and addresses in a story like this. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache from an Apparent Italian Bootlegger :laughing9:

Yes I'd be a Bit Concerned if they released my Address :coffee2:

lucky it wasn't in the 30's :laughing9:

Last edited:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

My grandfather worked for GM, retiring in the mid 1970s. He passed away in 1974. In the 1980's I divorced and moved back to Indy, living with my dad who also recently divorced. Over the years we got to know each other very well.

He told me about my grandfather having a 'loan' business. When my grandfather traveled he brought over an ammo box which my dad kept in his closet. I remember seeing this box but never thought to look in it. My dad, when telling me the story, said it was my grandfathers money box, it was full of his business money.

Anyway after my grandfather died the Brightwood neighborhood was changing a lot, and his large old Victorian house was later used to rent rooms. My dad, my mother and my mothers next husband all grew up together in Brightwood.

In the 90's I actually met a man who had lived there for a while in the 80's. In the mid-90's they demolished the house and paved the property for a parking lot.

My dad and my step dad would sometimes drive over to Brightwood and reminiscence. It was on one of these reminiscence drives my dad and step dad started talking about my grandfather, his loan business and the stash of money never found when he died after suddenly in his workshop garage. My dad insisted that my grandfather had buried in in his yard by the large oak tree. Which was cut down at the time the house was demolished and property paved over.

My dad has since passed, and I sometimes go by that area, and look at the asphalted property where under which very likely still lies a box full of cash .

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000do.jpg

Just add a Detector & Shake well :coffee2:

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And in the end, the attorneys probably got all the money as their fees!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions