Oklahoma Laws

LAWTONJOHN

Jun 7, 2020
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say you cant remove a coin that has been in the ground a 100 years. So what about my 1906 barber quarter I dug the other day. How can a person determine how long a man made object has been in the ground? Are you supposed to leave it? Oklahoma has some confusing laws, And ever since Bin Laden, They wo t even let you metal detect on Fort Sill anymore.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
If no one can help ya - you might consider posting your legal question on Forum: Oklahoma...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a strange Law I would do some more investigating that just sounds overreaching.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you referring to the ARPA laws? They apply nationwide and pertain to public lands and mainly relics. Coins are generally exempt, as are finds on private property.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't think they ever allowed you to detect on Ft. Sill. Maybe it was ok for active military stationed there. And do not even display a detector in the wildlife refuge. One thing about Lawton, the pawn shops there used to be great for getting a good buy on a detector, hardly used. I guess the original owner found out they weren't gonna get rich real quick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions