Metal Detecting in California

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Whereabouts in Los Angeles? schools? parks? beaches? city land? county run places? state run places? fed. run places? You need to be a bit more specific on type places you intend to go.

To my knowledge, there is nothing off-limits down there (all parks, schools, beaches, etc... are ok). However, I've heard that some of the school yards are fenced off, with lots of ominous signs. But that's not per se for detectors, it's for any after school use (they got tired of being sued for people getting hurt on the monkey bars or whatever).

Get on the Kinzli forum. There's a lot of Los Angeles area hunters there, who'd have more info. To get the main page of the Kinzli forum, you'll need to become a member. But it's easy: just pick a name and a password :)

midnightcaller

Apr 13, 2005
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
Tom_in_CA said:
Whereabouts in Los Angeles? schools? parks? beaches? city land? county run places? state run places? fed. run places? You need to be a bit more specific on type places you intend to go.

To my knowledge, there is nothing off-limits down there (all parks, schools, beaches, etc... are ok). However, I've heard that some of the school yards are fenced off, with lots of ominous signs. But that's not per se for detectors, it's for any after school use (they got tired of being sued for people getting hurt on the monkey bars or whatever).

Get on the Kinzli forum. There's a lot of Los Angeles area hunters there, who'd have more info. To get the main page of the Kinzli forum, you'll need to become a member. But it's easy: just pick a name and a password :)

were can I find the Kinzli forum?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread