strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AMAZING SILVER CACHE...if you love silver....1700's to 1800's

Hey TNET, I'd normally never post a link to a vid that wasn't mine but there has to be an exception in this case. I felt I had to share with TNET. What this guy finds at one location in a stream, most of us won't find in a lifetime...or two? Over 180 - 1700's to 1800's large Silver coins.

Please discuss his finds, and as to how you think that may have gotten there. It just doesn't stop coming out of the water! Make sure you see his wrap up!

Again, this is not my vid and I take no credit. Mods if this is against the forum rules or if this has already been posted, I appologize!

HH

Last edited:

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched this the other day! I am still in shock of what he pulled out of that stream! I have watched some of his other videos on You Tube and he has made some great finds. That one is amazing, I watched as he pulled handfuls of awesome old coins out. It is worth watching. :icon_thumright:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he hunts the water almost exclusively. He mainly hunts for civil war and older relics. I agree that was a hell of a find.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,member and great guy!!!

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 & 5.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would wager to guess that this find may have been the result of perhaps a bank robbery or maybe even someones cache that was left behind. The coins ended up in the river due to bank erosion or maybe a few floods during the years between its hiding and discovery. What do ya'll think:)

Joseph Gilbert

Dec 10, 2012
Dtektor said:
I would wager to guess that this find may have been the result of perhaps a bank robbery or maybe even someones cache that was left behind. The coins ended up in the river due to bank erosion or maybe a few floods during the years between its hiding and discovery. What do ya'll think:)

It would help to know what state or area it was in but I would guess that the coins were probably civil war wages that found their way into the water when a coin pouch fell off of a soldiers saddle. Or it could of been from a bank robbery or something in the years after the civil war there was scores of bank robberies. I can't think of a better place to hide a bunch of silver then to stick it in the bottom of a stream if you were being chased by a big mob of people!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can admit...its the reason I got the AT Pro....doing some stream and river hunting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the video a while back and looking at it again I just know if it had been me I would Not have been calm about it and the water would have been a yellow color. What an awesome find.............63bkpkr

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched This when it first came out a year or so ago . I grabbed my excal and went to the river just to sink in the mud.. It is all about location and Auqachigger is all about getting in the water which a lot of people will not due. I would like to know the total value. I am sure he found enough to pay a mortgage.
Dreams due come true!

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get a chance, subscribe to his youtube channel and watch his other videos....he makes really good quality videos of his hunts.

He shows the room where he keeps all his finds in a couple of the videos.......amazing collection.

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've watched this video a few times now and it makes you wonder what happened. Something happened to somebody that this was lost and forgotten. I think there is actually another video at the same site with a few more. Strange assortment of coins don't you think? Makes me wonder what this could have been from?

Something about this video - I kept thinking stage coach robbery gone bad? But you know it could have been Civil War plunder - really just no telling?

You know if it had been me to find it - the next guy along would have found the coins, my metal detector and my body, cause I would have stroked out for sure.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's it, I'm calling bart my own AT pro

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that is simply unbelievable!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was wondering if there was a JJ mark around there. Wondered if it was a drop for his gang. After seeing Spanish coins. Then I started thinking a wishing well. Mine. Wish I'd find a spot like that on one of our extensive dry washes. Lol. Quite a remarkable spot. Last seen there was 200+ coins. Anybody know the total amount of coins. Makes me want to put on my snorkel gear.

Hawkeye4077

Greenie
Mar 19, 2013
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely amazing. I guess this is the reason we do this eh? All hoping for something similar. I know I'd never be the same after a find like that!

chr1smay

Greenie
May 7, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Find! I will be in the river this summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread