The big ring hunt scores!

adventureswithjim

Mar 12, 2010
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been spending alot of time this year focusing on rings and jewelry rather than old coins and I finally stumbled into an amazing spot. To set the layout for ya: there's two former schools side by side, built in the late 1960's, one abandoned now, the other barely used. In between there are fields and play grounds and way in the back this tennis court. I haven't been able to work the area before due to high weeds. But lately, the weeds have died back enough to get in there...so I took the 5" and went scrubbing...amazing results, no chance of silver coins, but the rings were worth it!

This vid is the first in a series...I have 3 MORE ring hunt vids that haven't been uploaded yet! Stay tuned, I'll put all these in a play list when I get there....busy busy...

OP
OP
adventureswithjim

adventureswithjim

Mar 12, 2010
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day 2: same field 3 MORE Junk rings.

10 rings total out of this one area, so far. I am seriously frustrated with this place and the ring hunt, the brush just high enough in key areas to annoy the crap out of you.

So far I haven't learn a THING about IDing rings in the ground. Some seem to have this odd waffling tone...but then, so do pencil tops. And gold? Just not enough examples to tell the difference. I CAN tell a silver dime from a clad dime...but gold? Still trying to figure it out.

Rings/gold advice?

Here's latest hunt at the tennis courts:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread