: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not serious enough. This really downgrades how good the product really is. I hope you have permission from OKM to repost this.Username can be misleading.

Dopalgangr

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2014
MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and Garrett PinPointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not serious enough. This really downgrades how good the product really is. I hope you have permission from OKM to repost this.Username can be misleading.

Not serious enough??? It's on OKM's own website!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Ich bitte vielmals um Entschuldigung, aber das ist ein doofes Video! In anderen Worten, kitschig.
Excuse me but that is a stupid Video! In other words, cheezy.

While I believe in the capabilities of many of the OKM products, that video in no way proves or represents the capability of the (what I believe is a) Rover C II! (However, the one used/shown, appears to be a Rover C II which is actually and mainly a Cave, Tomb and Grave finder.) It is really a cheezy way to represent the product. With the very first find with the Rover C, you can clearly see that the found object had been pre-planted due to the turned over soil. Also, the leaving of open dug holes after digging a find, does not put a great light on our hobby. Also, it was cheezy to show it like it was a competition between the two Detectorists and the one without the Rover C, snooping to see what the other Detectorist was finding! It was sort of like a cheap Charlie Chaplin or Laurel & Hardy movie.

To truly show the product's capability, a video needs to be made without breaks or interruptions (nothing edited out, so viewers will know that it is real and nothing edited in or out), showing someone searching a previously unsearched field with a quality brand named Metal detector, then when finished, show someone going back over the same field with the Rover C to show how much more finds are in the field and are found. They could also do the reverse in another video, showing the person searching a previously unsearched field with the Rover C and making finds, then showin the other person going back over the field with a quality brand named Metal detector and finding very few if any items whatsoever.

Frank

Last edited:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest: