I found an illegal substance with my metal detector. Had to phone the police!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypos, razor blades, paraphernalia, yep they pop out every so often.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, somebody was holding some for sale. Looks like a few dime bags.

The cops drive up and they toss the pack.

Toss it in the garbage or break open the little baggies and scatter it to the winds...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, somebody was holding some for sale. Looks like a few dime bags.

The cops drive up and they toss the pack.

Toss it in the garbage or break open the little baggies and scatter it to the winds...
As a cop, I worked the Summerfest grounds in Milwaukee. We would walk along the wooden fence on the grounds. Another cop would collect the "bags" as they were tossed over. "Lot o' pot" hit the winds that way! TTC

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man, don'tcha hate when that happens! :laughing7:
I mean, you gotta stop detecting, get some one over there, just cuts all in to the "finding the good goods" time. :BangHead:

I found a duct tape wrapped, brick/block looking thing, kilo, buried just under the sand, down close to the high tide mark, in front of the main life guard station.
Then I couldn't help but think, "It's a trap, don't touch it". :laughing7:
I made the lifeguard cop man come outta the tower, (they know all us tekkers), he stuck a blade down in it......
Yep, someone came up short. :dontknow:
It and him went his way, I went mine. Don't need that kinda hassle.
GL & HH!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There went your 3 grand find Patcat:laughing9:(well,depending on what year it was)
Red, in the words of Grumpy Cat: NO. :laughing7: Our law enforcement here is very creative and I do know they set traps.
I got better things to do in life, than worry about a measly 3k or even 30k, in illegal drug activity.
Some headaches ain't worth it. Not to mention the element ya gotta deal with. NOPE. Not me.
There can be boatload wash up, DON"T TOUCH IT! :laughing7: Trust me.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red, in the words of Grumpy Cat: NO. :laughing7: Our law enforcement here is very creative and I do know they set traps.
I got better things to do in life, than worry about a measly 3k or even 30k, in illegal drug activity.
Some headaches ain't worth it. Not to mention the element ya gotta deal with. NOPE. Not me.
There can be boatload wash up, DON"T TOUCH IT! :laughing7: Trust me.
It DOES wash up on the FL coast often. One of the security found a BALE of weed one day in '02 off of the Kennedy Space Center's shoreline. When airplanes running up from South America spot THE MAN, they start pushing them out the door.... by the TON! I found a message in a bottle. A couple on their honeymoon through it off of a cruise ship 3 months prior. I sent an e but no one responded. (Maybe they were in divorce court already). TTC

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I expected buried drums of slug or waste, this is different. Honestly me i would of reburied it and left it to rot, i would of been too scared to call the police. Hey ya you know i got some drugs here but uh i found them yup. Ya that wouldnt of work for me lol.

OP
OP
swolfe

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I expected buried drums of slug or waste, this is different. Honestly me i would of reburied it and left it to rot, i would of been too scared to call the police. Hey ya you know i got some drugs here but uh i found them yup. Ya that wouldnt of work for me lol.

lucky for me I have video evidence lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread