Another dig day with my wife....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the local park again with my awesome wife. She does all the digging for me while I swing the detector. She says she likes digging more than swinging but I know she is just being nice since my leg took a blood clot beating last year and is only about 80% and will probably only be at 80% forever because of vein and artery damage etc. Anyways...not a medical post! lol...

Here is the video....since I had over an hour of footage even after editing it to just the digs parts I omitted quite a few bottle caps and it still came in at a half hour. Skim though it if ya like...the coins hits are in the last half of the video. Just hate to edit the caps and pulltabs out and give the impression I find nothing but coins each dig.....which as we all know is BS. I think from now on I will edit them to 15-20 minutes making SURE to point out at the end that it's not all gold rings and glory in this hobby. :laughing7:

Thanks for watching if you do! :occasion14:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever tried a screw driver with a hook ground on the tip?? It's great for popping coins out of the ground without having to cut a plug!! Give it a try, ya'll might prefer it over your present retrieval method!!:hello:

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TC I will def look into that. :occasion14: I did see a rounded type probe before but was unsure how I would like it. I will pass it onto the wife as she is the digger and I'm just the swinger. She just picked up the Fiskars garden knife for $7 to add to the collection. It has a fork tip that might fit the bill....and sharp sides that will be perfect for softer soils and grassy areas. She thinks it will be nice for the park hunts where not too much depth or force is needed.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever tried a screw driver with a hook ground on the tip?? It's great for popping coins out of the ground without having to cut a plug!! Give it a try, ya'll might prefer it over your present retrieval method!!:hello:

I use a gasket scrapper that's a close cousin to the screwdriver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread