This is the most fake video I have ever seen!!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The guy makes two dig marks then throws his shovel down, lol, the pulls out a hundred year old can of uncongealed hand cleaner then walks over to his conveniently closely parked truck and starts pulling out unbelievable coins. The title of the video has Garrett in the title and Garrett is written in bold all over the decription, there's Garrett promos placed all over the scene in the video.....I'm dying laughing watching the video. Have you ever seen the movie Mac and Me which is the biggest rip off of E.T. and the whole movie is a promo for McDonalds....well that's what this video is except for Garrett. I honestly hope Garrett is not involved in this in anyway!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins look suspect also, plus the can would have rusted ..........

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired of these fake Garrett videos even though I don't thin the company has anything to do with them. It's like the people want some sort of sponsorship or to be flown around like nuggetnoggin and all of the other shills.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my! Sir Walter Scott is coming to mind at this moment...

"Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive"

My favorite is the label on the can. "Hand cleaner " it says. Thanks for the laugh Joey!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In real life the coins would have been eaten to pieces. The can is not rusty.

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I don't understand? If I leave a can of original formula "GOJO" in my garage for 2-3 years, it melts into a yellow liquid! Oh well, what do I know!:dontknow:

Iowa Dale

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh No I guess my dreams of making Millions from this recent pic is out the window now.
VZM.IMG_20160825_222328.jpg
You mean questionable finds on those other detecting forums(not this one thank God) doesn't bother you?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I just couldn't make it through the video. We don't do fakes here!

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought that kind of hand cleaner turned to water when its gets warm.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man thats just to much! he said there was a slit in the bottom like a piggy bank well come on folks. lol

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired of these fake Garrett videos even though I don't thin the company has anything to do with them. It's like the people want some sort of sponsorship or to be flown around like nuggetnoggin and all of the other shills.

How is nuggetnoggin a shill? He would still be using Garrett products and swinging those coils whether they paid him to or not. The guy's been detecting since he learned to walk, the fact that they pay him is just a bonus to something he would still be doing irregardless.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of videos on youtube that have to do with metal detecting are probably fake. I've seen at least 100 videos that I'm 99% sure are fake.

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

ive never seen nuggetnoggin find anything really valuable, his stuff looks legit to me, he usually finds three marbles and some nails. pretty lame to bring up a young guys name who works hard and loves what he does in the same context as this infomercial

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nuggetnoggin seems like a great young man to me, I've only seen a couple of his videos, but it looks like he works very hard for what he finds.

metaldetkid

Apr 15, 2016
Fayetteville NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, and AT Pro, Ace 400
PINPOINTER: Garrett propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, it is the worst acting i have ever seen. And the fingernails are even worse. A find like that would have made the news for sure

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's pretty strange to see these videos, there are quite a few. A week or so ago I saw a video where it was so obvious that the hole was dug five minutes ago and the find (some coin) was planted, you could even see the cut marks of the plug.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only that, but he really devalued those coins, as hand cleaner has an abrasive in it. He scratched the heck out of those coins when he rubbed the soap all over them, and then used a towel to wipe them clean. Might as well have cleaned them with sandpaper !!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw this yesterday and couldn't make it past the first couple minutes... I eventually played the whole thing. The can wasnt rusty, he knew it was hand cleaner within a half second of opening it... and @ 9:47 - 10:10 some dude named "Josh" ID'ed the gold 8 escudos, telepathically... since the guy didn't know what it was, but somehow "Josh" told the guy what it was within minutes of the can being opened. The real kicker is they have to pay income tax on the market value of those FOUND coins... Now, the IRS has bigger fish to fry (like $10m in gold coins in CA) then a little fake like this, however you can best bet if the IRS did come knocking or send one of those lovely letters, the story of them being bought or inherited would be told.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread