Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Vid!!!

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wrote to 1st Texas and asked them if they would be offering upgrades again in the near future. I have the F-75 with DST but not Boost and Cache. They will be offering upgrades again in January through March. I assume that includes the T2. DST upgrade was $159. Full update with Boost and DST was $309. What will be interesting to see is will there be some surprises? Maybe some new additional enhancements. To me the F75 and T2 are two of the greatest machines ever made and I like that they just keep making them better and better rather than discontinuing.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wrote to 1st Texas and asked them if they would be offering upgrades again in the near future. I have the F-75 with DST but not Boost and Cache. They will be offering upgrades again in January through March. I assume that includes the T2. DST upgrade was $159. Full update with Boost and DST was $309. What will be interesting to see is will there be some surprises? Maybe some new additional enhancements. To me the F75 and T2 are two of the greatest machines ever made and I like that they just keep making them better and better rather than discontinuing.

Good info jack. If they cut those prices in half I might be game. Loving the Classic as-is so far. Not many places I cannot take it to 80-85 sens which lands me 8-9 inches on a penny. Loco-Digger says he rarely uses Boost or Cache so not sure I ever would either being a coin guy who craves solid ID's. Only reason I got the T2 over the F75 was to hopefully nudge me into relic hunting a bit more. We shall see....

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a bit pricey for the Boost Upgrade, and it looks like since it's a hardware upgrade I'd have to pay the full $309 even though I don't need the DST part of it. I'll have to look into it more for myself, but I'm not sure I'll pull the trigger on it either. Glad to hear you're enjoying your T2. I was the first to watch your First husband vs. wife video. I'm very happy with the F75 as well, but do still miss my LRP. I'll be buying one back as soon as I can afford if. I'd like to have the full lineup of pro BH machines.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a bit pricey for the Boost Upgrade, and it looks like since it's a hardware upgrade I'd have to pay the full $309 even though I don't need the DST part of it. I'll have to look into it more for myself, but I'm not sure I'll pull the trigger on it either. Glad to hear you're enjoying your T2. I was the first to watch your First husband vs. wife video. I'm very happy with the F75 as well, but do still miss my LRP. I'll be buying one back as soon as I can afford if. I'd like to have the full lineup of pro BH machines.

Jack, never look back, you'd be better served to get a water detector or maybe and XP DEUS or even a good used Minelab to enhance your arsenal. I enjoyed the LRP for it's light weight, but he Deus gives me that and is a deeper and provides more customization. I was super stoked to get the Boost process, but after hunting with BP on during a few hunts, I had to weed through more falsing. I mainly use it to get a better VDI on deeper targets. I do not use it often and have never hunted in Cache mode. Keep your eyes peeled to your local craigslist. There are always individuals that need quick cash and sell their detectors for 50 cent on the dollar or lower. I have $1175.00 invested in four detectors which have a retail value of over $3,800. Patience may be a virtue, but it can also get you great detectors for awesome prices. Good Luck

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Back then it was "1st husband vs wife and now it is "Husband vs wife #5":) Even after all that Hunter seems to be able to pick pretty good detectors.:laughing7:

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back then it was "1st husband vs wife and now it is "Husband vs wife #5":) Even after all that Hunter seems to be able to pick pretty good detectors.:laughing7:

Well when they tell me I can't buy a new detector....I have no choice but to find a new wife!

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when they tell me I can't buy a new detector....I have no choice but to find a new wife!

You have a great strategy though. You pulled your wife into it. I think that's cool as heck that she goes on hunts with you. Once in a while mine will come out with me. I haven't quite been able to get her into it enough to be able to get away with two top end machines yet, but I'm working on it lol.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wife number 5? wowzers

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack, never look back, you'd be better served to get a water detector or maybe and XP DEUS or even a good used Minelab to enhance your arsenal. I enjoyed the LRP for it's light weight, but he Deus gives me that and is a deeper and provides more customization. I was super stoked to get the Boost process, but after hunting with BP on during a few hunts, I had to weed through more falsing. I mainly use it to get a better VDI on deeper targets. I do not use it often and have never hunted in Cache mode. Keep your eyes peeled to your local craigslist. There are always individuals that need quick cash and sell their detectors for 50 cent on the dollar or lower. I have $1175.00 invested in four detectors which have a retail value of over $3,800. Patience may be a virtue, but it can also get you great detectors for awesome prices. Good Luck

I do love a good bargain. Think I did extremely well on that f75, and always have my eyes peeled for the next. I spent many years in partnership with a pawn shop and got in the habit of buying low. I have a similar tally going with the Apple products I have. $500 for a $2200 MacBook, $300 for a $550 iPad etc. My parents got me this card for my birthday, just passed. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474337863.803037.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474337922.010210.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474337961.980712.jpg

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a great strategy though. You pulled your wife into it. I think that's cool as heck that she goes on hunts with you. Once in a while mine will come out with me. I haven't quite been able to get her into it enough to be able to get away with two top end machines yet, but I'm working on it lol.

Keep working brother. She was into the hobby...then called it stupid....then bought her own detector one day and hasn't looked back. I stopped trying to figure her out...or any woman.

wife number 5? wowzers

I figure by 9-10 I can muster up a Minelab.

My parents got me this card for my birthday, just passed.

That is one funny card. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread