Karl von Mueller, National Prospector's Gazette and the history of treasure hunting

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Just wanted to share a wonderful experience with my friends, particularly those that are interested in buried treasure, mining, folklore or history. My friend Terry Carter recently conducted a phone interview where I was given the opportunity to talk about Karl von Mueller, The National Prospector's gazette, a brief history of treasure hunting and last but not least, my recently published book: Selections from the National Prospector's Gazette Volume 1.

It's lengthy interview and is absolutely ambitious in the amount of material and topics discussed. I don't expect many folks to spend the whole hour listening, but hopefully a few of the folks on my friends list will lend their time and their ear and enjoy something that I myself enjoy enormously.

Terry Carter is the same individual I collaborated with on my Montezuma and LUE map videos and is perhaps my oldest friend in Utah stretching back to my earliest days in showing my interest in buried treasure and Utah folklore. Terry has a lot of fabulous original content on his site and I'd encourage you to take a look around thee as well.

I welcome feedback...here, on FB, on the YouTube comments, or in email. Enjoy!

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks Randy. I just stumbled across this as I was going to the Treasure Legends forum. I'm looking forward to listening to it later this evening, when I have some time. Also, thanks for the heads up about your book. Make sure the guys in the Treasure Legends forum see this.

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Thanks Randy. I just stumbled across this as I was going to the Treasure Legends forum. I'm looking forward to listening to it later this evening, when I have some time. Also, thanks for the heads up about your book. Make sure the guys in the Treasure Legends forum see this.

It's a long video but I welcome feedback...especially if you knew Karl. Everything I came up with is stuff I researched or was shared with me about him and I'm always eager to have more to add to the limited perspective that I have.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Randy I just stumble across there was a YouTube section here and seen yours on the book you recently worked on. Terry is planning the same with me on the books we been putting up. Wow an hour! Really that isn't much time for something one loves.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to watch 45 minutes of it. Very good I am interested in the book. I remember those old popular science magazines and how to build a detector. The big boom in treasure hunting the 70s I think you mentioned was when my friend Terry got into it and started his books.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread