What video editing system are you guys using?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using Cyberlink Powerdirector. It works good but I wouldnt hesitate to move to something else. I think they all work OK, but your get more features and options when you move to more expensive platforms. My cyberlink came as a bundled suite of software and I haven't really figured out how to use all the other parts (audiodirector, colordirector, waveeditor) I've never used movavi so I can't compare it to what I use.

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do MD Vids, but i do other types for sure. I also use PowerDirector 15. I've used the PD line of video editors for about 15 years, and they are good, not too expensive either.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info guys!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Windows Movie Maker and Imovie work great for just cutting up and sorting clips. For most people, that's enough. I do a lot of video-in-video stuff which I couldn't do without the software I use: Sony Movie Studio. It's a great bang for your buck, but it has a bit of a learning curve.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ended up just getting the vegas platinum 14. Learning it slowly but was able to make my first multiple clip video in a day. So far so good. Definitely can get complicated though!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended up just getting the vegas platinum 14. Learning it slowly but was able to make my first multiple clip video in a day. So far so good. Definitely can get complicated though!

Yep, you have to learn the user interface and that just takes time and practice. congrats on first video!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let us know if you have any questions! I've gotten pretty comfortable with it- been using it every week for the past 2 years :o

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know if you have any questions! I've gotten pretty comfortable with it- been using it every week for the past 2 years :o

Awesome.....nice to have someone to ask questions to. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions