Video Feedback

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As someone who is new to creating metal detecting videos I wanted to get some feedback from all of you who enjoy watching them. I enjoy making them for entertainment, knowledge (especially with people who are new to the hobby), but mostly to document my hunts.

What do you guys like/not like in the videos you watch?

1. Do you like hearing the tones and seeing the ID #'s of targets?
2. Do you like dialogue in the videos?
3. Do you want to see the person dig for the target?
4. Do you want to see the person dig trash/not dig trash?
5. Do you want the video to be edited or unedited showing the whole hunt?
6. Do you want to see the person in the video or just their POV of it all?
7. Do you enjoy having music in the video?
8. Do you want to see their finds post-video once they've been cleaned up?
9. Do you prefer shorter (5-15 mins) videos or longer (30-60 mins) ones?
10. What draws and holds your attention throughout the video(s)?

These are a few of the things I came up with but would be happy to hear others that aren't on this list.

I am still pretty new to detecting so I keep that in mind when I make my videos. I try to include stuff that I wanted to see especially when I was first starting out. Any and all comments, thoughts, suggestions, etc...would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
1. I want to hear the target sounds.
2. The dialogue in some videos convince me the presenter is an idiot.
3. Yep, I want to see the dig.
4. It would be realistic to see trash dug as well - but then the video would be far too long!
5. Some editing would be preferable.
6. Just the POV of it all.
7. NO music, want to hear the target sounds.
8. Yep!
9. Shorter videos are preferable.
10. Sounds of the signals.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Yes
2. I'm with Deepseeker on this if you know a seated,key date or colonial belt buckle it adds to the overall impression your not an a complete newbie.
3. I don't have to see a five minute dig and recovery maybe show the hole open and recovery should take less than 30sec.
4. A few trash items or all your trash as the end is preferable (quarterhoarder channel is a good example)
5. Editing is a must
6. POV is a good start but different shots can add depth
7. Music at start and end is ok as long as it under 1 min. (Grommy Lommy channel opening song is awesome, sometimes I just listen to the song :)
8. Yes if possible
9. Shorter videos under 15 min. (for those of us still dealing with data limits)
10. VDI, Story of the site, editing, Quality (I'll watch a crappy,shaky, noisy video if I really want to see something specific but I can't stand 10 minutes of the wind howling through a speaker. Its bad enough when I'm hunting myself)

A far as pure quality of video, editing and POV watch guys like DRTones24k, Bill Ladd, Pastmasters to name a few.

If you want to watch good youtube quality editing not metal detecting related but just to see how it's done properly watch CaseyNeistat its basically a channel about nothing but the quality is top notch he doesn't have 10 million subs for no reason.

Just get started and you can improve over time. Good Luck

OP
OP
J

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for your feedback and for taking the time to read and respond to my message. I really appreciate it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread