My Latest Boring Video

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
always enjoy your videos badge. you are the king of iron! ;)

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very good video Badger--Fun to watch.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yes, boring. ;) ;D No silver! ::)

The tesoro's do go deep. Yes, even deeper than the Minelab but at the expense of digging iron. Iron relics can be cool though. I bet I have passed up a lot of deep "good" coins that i.d.ed on the Explorer as iron.

So, are you keeping the umax? Will you use it regularly?

I gotta make a video....

later

Bob

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Mirage said:
Yes, boring. ;) ;D No silver! ::)

The tesoro's do go deep. Yes, even deeper than the Minelab but at the expense of digging iron. Iron relics can be cool though. I bet I have passed up a lot of deep "good" coins that i.d.ed on the Explorer as iron.

So, are you keeping the umax? Will you use it regularly?

I gotta make a video....

later

Bob

Do me a favor...don't make a video. If you do nobody will watch my junk flicks. ;D

I will keep one Tesoro Silver (the Silver Sabre II) with a 12x10 coil. But, I'm not too sure now this rig is deeper than the Sovereign with the 10" Tornado coil. I did this video before testing the GT. But it is faster and better for those quick hits.

Hey, make a video! I need some encouragement! 8)

Badger

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm confused, weren't you using a Tejon before? What gave you the idea of using the Silver Umax with the 12"X10" coil? Looks like it was a real good idea for relic hunting, where you want to dig some of your iron targets anyway. I wonder if a 12"X10" on a Cibola would give some better depth (although I haven't checked to see if there is even one available).

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Canewrap said:
I'm confused, weren't you using a Tejon before? What gave you the idea of using the Silver Umax with the 12"X10" coil? Looks like it was a real good idea for relic hunting, where you want to dig some of your iron targets anyway. I wonder if a 12"X10" on a Cibola would give some better depth (although I haven't checked to see if there is even one available).

I still like the Tejon and still think of it as the nearly perfect coin/relic machine. But I buy and try lots of machines just for fun (I bought 4 just the last few weeks).

I got the Silver mainly to test something I was told. That is, that the Silver uMax with a web coil 9x8 is deeper than the Tejon. I used the 12x10 inch coil for my testing.

Is the Silver deeper than the stock Tejon? I think it is but I didn't really do a true test. I'm just going by what I found at my hunt sites.

But I will say that that 12x10 uMax concentric coil is very very deep! It seems to add at least 3-5 inches coin depth to the Silver uMax.

I could be wrong but I think the Cibola uses the same type of coils that the Tejon uses. As of now Tesoro only makes a DD 12x10 coil for the Tejon. But I'll bet that coil would help the depth of the Cibola. That is, if it works on the Cibola.

Tesoros are great detectors and when it comes to a nice clear signal you really can't beat them.

All detectors have their strong and weaker points. Now days I like almost every detector I try. Really, they're all good. Some are maybe just a little better than others in certain situations.

Best to you,

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread