I Found a Wad of Cash In An Abandoned Storage Unit!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I click and only see a youtube video I don't watch it. Link and case closed. I don't care if you found the holy grail. Just put a snap shot under it or give me a write up at least. If I wanted to watch an idiotic youtube I'd be on youtube watching one. If I want to read tales of treasure conquest with the occasional pics I come here.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Tommybuckets. I don't give a rat's behind who put the video up.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sorry Jebus, I watched the video and it really wasn’t that interesting. However, I do wish you the best of luck in your future storage bin hunts!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ain’t nobody got time for a twenty minute video

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But iffn you watch it, tell me how much he found

loul

Apr 5, 2012
ct
Detector(s) used
white MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i do and i miss it

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations! You all have a chance to become millionaires! All you simply have to do is send me $ 200.00 and I will tell you how.:goldmedalgreen::laughing7:

I hear you man; if these people think this is click bait ads then I bet they do not make long road trips because if one little video could trick them just think of what a state highway sign would do to them that says Clean Restrooms.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree with you guys.....It's a form of treasure hunting when doing storage garage's and think he's sharing that. Whether he's trying to generate traffic or not doesn't matter. Or if you don't like the video's that's fine too....I don't see him doing anything wrong. It's treasure hunting and this is a treasure site.

Added...I'm not arguing whether it's click bait or not, just saying the video should be allowed.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I disagree with you guys.....It's a form of treasure hunting when doing storage garage's and think he's sharing that. Whether he's trying to generate traffic or not doesn't matter. Or if you don't like the video's that's fine too....I don't see him doing anything wrong. It's treasure hunting and this is a treasure site.

But it keeps tricking the simple minded folks into clicking on it; its just not fair that the youtuber is smarter than them poor slow folk.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Threads like these, with only a video link, need to be moved to the video section of the forum. I'd never dream of posting my videos in the today's finds category. Frustrating!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it keeps tricking the simple minded folks into clicking on it; its just not fair that the youtuber is smarter than them poor slow folk.

I added to my post at the same time...:laughing7: After a while we can see who posts what. If someone sees the name pop up and a video, just go past if they don't want to watch. Saying that it shouldn't be allowed is crazy to me because where would that line be with people making click bait titles in any of the forums?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Added...I'm not arguing whether it's click bait or not, just saying the video should be allowed.

True. However, we seem to have an increase in folk just using this site to direct traffic to utube without EVER being a participating member of this forum. They can't be ars*d to do a proper write up or add a few photo's & they never help or comment on other posts. Personally I think Tnet should have a rule for this form of pi** take.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one....People do find money and drugs...This one isn't faked.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True. However, we seem to have an increase in folk just using this site to direct traffic to utube without EVER being a participating member of this forum. They can't be ars*d to do a proper write up or add a few photo's & they never help or comment on other posts. Personally I think Tnet should have a rule for this form of pi** take.

Think of it this way...when Tnet started i'd imagine that there wasn't youtube. I would guess the majority of the members still remember buying magazines to follow an interest in a hobby. If you want the young crowd? Have to bend with the times on stuff like this. Storage lockers are a way of treasure hunting too...Instead of writing a long "finds" post the guy makes a video. Still "Today's Finds".

To me this would be no different than someone creating a find post then never checking back. That happens too. He is participating in the site. It takes time to make,edit,upload a video. It's not like an ad was linked then that was it. The video is a creation....

I may be all wrong, I just don't see his post as wrong. I've watched the video and think it's done ok. My Opinion doesn't matter either...I was just jumping in to defend a guy that I don't think did anything wrong and I've actually subscribed to his channel just like I do with all Tnet members that I find on Youtube..

His thread may also generate a small amount of traffic to this site in search results, since this is a fairly hot topic lately...Finding money or guns in storage garages. They are probably "sharing" in the traffic?

Last edited:

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny how hes also too lame and selfish to defend his case. Just drop and go, drop and go... no content. No write up. What a joke. Go back to YouTube and stay there.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of it this way...when Tnet started i'd imagine that there wasn't youtube. I would guess the majority of the members still remember buying magazines to follow an interest in a hobby. If you want the young crowd? Have to bend with the times on stuff like this. Storage lockers are a way of treasure hunting too...Instead of writing a long "finds" post the guy makes a video. Still "Today's Finds".

To me this would be no different than someone creating a find post then never checking back. That happens too. He is participating in the site. It takes time to make,edit,upload a video. It's not like an ad was linked then that was it. The video is a creation....

I may be all wrong, I just don't see his post as wrong. I've watched the video and think it's done ok. My Opinion doesn't matter either...I was just jumping in to defend a guy that I don't think did anything wrong and I've actually subscribed to his channel just like I do with all Tnet members that I find on Youtube..

His thread may also generate a small amount of traffic to this site in search results, since this is a fairly hot topic lately...Finding money or guns in storage garages. They are probably "sharing" in the traffic?
My point is simple, if Tnet grows in this way & everyone posts in this manner, then there is NOTHING other than links to another site. I thought this site was about a community of like minded individuals who want to INTERACT & share.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread