Bottle digging goes wrong! ARMED POLICE...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The gun laws/hunting are quite different in the UK. So anything suspicious would be called in, and if the area is noted for poachers - well meant - but over zealous also.

Been carded in Toronto detecting-swinging a detector, as it was reported that I had a rifle in the park-this happened a few times.

Yup officers I was trying to kill dandelions swing it back and forth.:laughing7:
No backlash on the reporter-just that they have to check out every report. :dontknow:

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i learned years ago not to store my metal detector in a gun case and leave it on the back seat.

got sopped and the officer saw the case and assumed it hid a gun.
i refused to let him search the car and and kept him tied up for 2 hours.
and then when he was able to search my car the case was the last thing he searched after the rest of the car.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse me sir but it seems like you may have a legal firearm in the back of your car. I’d like to treat you like a criminal for the duration of our meeting and only if I can’t find a single damn thing to hassle you about I just may leave you alone. I know you said that $3,000 in your pocket is to buy a new detector but it could possibly used in a crime so I’ll just take that, thank you.

You should be more careful carrying that much money around. Someone could rob you. You can plead your case to the courts, if they like what you say you could get this back.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse me sir but it seems like you may have a legal firearm in the back of your car. I’d like to treat you like a criminal for the duration of our meeting and only if I can’t find a single damn thing to hassle you about I just may leave you alone. I know you said that $3,000 in your pocket is to buy a new detector but it could possibly used in a crime so I’ll just take that, thank you.

You should be more careful carrying that much money around. Someone could rob you. You can plead your case to the courts, if they like what you say you could get this back.

Well when you put it that way...sounds pretty criminal doesn’t it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread