maybe good coin hunt in Detroit

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Hi all. I haven't posted in a while, but I just wanted to share a potential old coin hunting site for anyone in the Detroit area. I have thought about this site for some time but I now live in CA so I wont be able to hunt it. The old ball field off Sheridan street in Detroit has always been there as a field. Never built on. My dad grew up in the house marked on map. And went to school at St.Anthoneys catholic school. He played ball on that field as a kid growing up in the 40's and 50's. He was born in that house and says that the field was always a playground and ball field. So I was thinking there has to be some SILVER there and you never know what else! Also the area around there was at one time full of old houses, now mostly torn down. His old house is the only one still standing on the block. How sad. But the sidewalks are still there and are probably original. So probably old coins there as well.
THE PROBLEM, The area is in severe decline, (for lack of a better term). Probably not the safest neighborhood to be in. May want to hunt this area as a team to ward off any bad guys. If anyone wants to do a recon of the area and hunt it. Please post to let me know of your finds. Thanks all.

Attachments

• Detroit, St. Anthoneys.jpg
    Detroit, St. Anthoneys.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 387

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread