Haydens money is still somewhere in the canyon (NV)

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hayden's money is still somewhere in the canyon (NV)

Did i miss something? I doubt if he had the time to go get the Indian if the post KK put up is on the mark...didn't it say he died right after moving some stuff and the gold? I guess it would depend of which version you go with....I would love to check it out regardless... it's just too far from the 'nati.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Curtis, just goes to show that every re-telling gets further from the truth.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That was a good Treasure info KK got me wondering if it still there, got a map and dowse the area, got one place 4.5 miles northwest of there,Gold in a cave. Don't know if this was Hayden's gold are not? But if anyone does go to ELY to check it out, i give you the GPS
on this spot, just another ace in the hole. ;D

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d

Guys I read this info from an author that was writing about her life in Ely.I think the stories she tells of are actual accounts. I believe if Hayden was kicked in the head by a mule and died I believe she would have written about it for sure. I could find no death record on him there.But that is why we search,find out for ourselves and what we believe is true I guess. I will keep you fellas informed as often as I can,and KK I am hooked for life now. I`m searching my own mind now for places I`ve found deer hunting here.Some very out of the way places I know of. NVRADAR

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NVRADAR,

Not disagreeing with you, just putting up that out of the two versions we may find more info that sheds light on this. It would be good to research the motivations for each story. Why would someone add the mule kick and gold being buried to the story? Someone may have done some embellishing to sell the story to a magazine. But what if the other writer got it third hand and what they wrote about happend before and the true facts were Hyden retrieved it out of the hole, then got kicked...who knows? If I lived anywere near there I would be on it and chase down the leads and visit the places.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used

Curtis
very true it could have happend just like you say,or no way any of us have heard about.I tend to lean towards what I have read and what I have and haven`t found records for,and the reputation of who I`m reading. Guess THATS treasure hunting. Good hunting Curtis ;D Like I said I`m chasing another one ...YAHOOO!!

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used

Hey Tapoutking
I couldn`t ever find a death record for George R. Hayden,but my research skills are very new at this point,still learning lots from these fellas.Best of luck!! NVRADAR

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

You guys may want to head into this research via a different slant: where was Hayden buried? There should be some record of where and when he was buried at in Nevada, probably in the county he is alledged to have died in. Keep in mind that Hayden may have been buried under a similar sounding name, with or without his initials. Nonetheless, there should be record in the county seat of deaths for that time frame.

Good researching!

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

I don't discourage anyone from trying to find the man's grave, but keep in mind that many people back then were buried in unmarked graves. And even if you found his grave, you wouldn't really have confirmation of the treasure. Still, I would say go ahead and look for the grave, but if you don't find it, don't necessarily give up on the treasure.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Summer is moving quickly...anyone been up there to look around? Wish I had the time but thats a long ways away...

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

If I was going I sure wouldn't waste time looking for a grave. Focus on the
original story.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used

I WOULDN'T "SEARCH" FOR THE GRAVE. BUT IF THERE IS NO RECORD OF HIS DEATH ONE MUST CONCLUDE HE DID NOT DIE THERE. THIS MAKES SENSE TO ME GUYS. THE RESEARCH I DID ON DEATHS IN WHITE PINE COUNTY DID REVEAL SOME VERY STRANGE WAYS OF DEATHS OCCURRING. THEY ACTUALLY DO MAKE NOTES IN THE CORONERS "DEATH BOOK" OF HOW FOLKS DIED. I DO BELIVE IF HAYDEN HAD DIED IN THE MANNER THAT WAS TOLD OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. SO FOR ME AFTER ALL THAT RESEARCH AND THE BOOK I READ OF A LIFE IN ELY I BELIEVE HAYDEN TO NOT HAVE DIED THERE. JUST MY TWO CENTS. NVRADAR

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

KK, looks like you have one less competitor. So far I have not seen any
evidence disproving the original description.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

lastleg said:
KK, looks like you have one less competitor. So far I have not seen any
evidence disproving the original description.

Unfortunately, I'm too far away. Too bad, because this is one I would persue. Of course then I would not have posted it on here.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

KK, I hear you. But now the cat's out of the bag. I bet ole Hayden's head
looked like a ten day old McBurger by the time the squaw got anyone to take
a peek. The decent thing to do was put a lot of dirt on top of him. Bet those
ranchers thought she was loco at the time. If it hadn't been for the known
sale of his place the whole matter would have been forgotten in short order.
Also the value may be inflated but I don't know if Ken verified that.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used

HEY KK
I AM RESEARCHING A LEAD THAT I CAME UPON WHILE I WAS RESEARCHING YOUR HAYDEN STORY. I CAN'T GIVE ANY HINTS NOW BUT I BELIEVE THIS IS A REAL ONE!! IF IT PANS OUT YOU WILL BE THE FIRST I TELL. :notworthy: I WILL KEEP YOU UP TO DATE. NVRADAR

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods

Any up dates on this? i only live 4 hours away humm

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used

I did some google earth on this new lead and found what I hoped and needed to find. getting ready to go!

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

nvradar said:
I did some google earth on this new lead and found what I hoped and needed to find. getting ready to go!

If you feel like sharing the story/lead, send me an email. I'm too far away to be a threat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread