AZ/NM border and I 10

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Spanish Treasure markers---- Went to my site and on the way home I always look at the rock formations along the road.
As you pass lordsburg, NM There is an old minig town (from the looks of it) samll rundown shacks very old. I believe the town was sienz not sure. On the right side of the road there'll be string of Rocks running south/north. there is a pointer with a small window in it about 1/2 way from higway to end of rocks going north. Several markers are here. Don't know how to get to this little town. A couple of miles farther west as your coming over a hill is a rest area on the right, slow down this was at 4:30 P.M. There are 3-4 big rocks right next to hiway on the west side of rest area, that made a very nice cross. you can pull into the rest area and get a real close look at all the markers here. So, if your out this way stop and take a look.

Jacko

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
JACKO said:
I do believe that you are talking about the OLD RAILROAD TOWN OF STEINS NEW MEXICO which is on the right hand side of I-10 heading into Arizona The town was colled Steins pass back in its hey day I was there a few years ago they have quite a bit of history there for all the houses are original also they have a lot of old relics it is worth the stop Buck

Spanish Treasure markers---- Went to my site and on the way home I always look at the rock formations along the road.
As you pass lordsburg, NM There is an old minig town (from the looks of it) samll rundown shacks very old. I believe the town was sienz not sure. On the right side of the road there'll be string of Rocks running south/north. there is a pointer with a small window in it about 1/2 way from higway to end of rocks going north. Several markers are here. Don't know how to get to this little town. A couple of miles farther west as your coming over a hill is a rest area on the right, slow down this was at 4:30 P.M. There are 3-4 big rocks right next to hiway on the west side of rest area, that made a very nice cross. you can pull into the rest area and get a real close look at all the markers here. So, if your out this way stop and take a look.

? ?Jacko

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
JACKO, i have about 30 leads in a book in the areas of lordsburg and steins/steins pass....some small, some very large,,,also show 7-8 small and 1 large cache{s} recovered in these areas in the 1970s........will get your traps posted as soon as life slows a bit, maybe the end of the week.....gldhntr

Homesteader

Apr 18, 2003
Silver City, NM USA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the town, go North across the tracks and head up about 1/4 of the way towards the mountain.? Few old mine dumps and house foundations on the sides of the canyons coming down.? Used to be really good for bottle hunting.? On the other side of the hill aways, is the place on the butterfield route they called doubtful canyon (private ranch land now).

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
the butterfield stage station is there also at doubtful canyon.........this place was on the old overland trail/route......g

ChileNM

Dec 12, 2012
Steins, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT.
Learn it!
Live with it.
Worked and abused.
NEVER an issue.
Falcon MD20.
Take your time!
Bingo.
Why did I not get this 1st?
Steins (pronounced Steens) is full of history.
I have a load claim just inside New Mexico and explore this entire area of hidden treasure.
Mineral Mountain Mine is across the arroyo. Owned by National Gold & Silver Mining Co., South Dakota. Silver, Lead.
Few report gold.
But keep a keen eye for mules.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know where the grave sites and memorial plaque is from the stage station? I know what the stories say, but I haven't found it yet. I've been all over the north side of the mtn., I think, but I didn't find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread