FRENCH TREASURE : CARROLL COUNTY, OHIO

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
I've looked into this one! Talked to Mr. Geo. Robbins, He has since sold the farm. He showed me were the shovels were found. Told me he at one time had a map to the Treasure and lent it to a fellow and never got it back. I went 600 steps South of the shovels and used a M/L, but found nothing. George new of the lady who found the rock in the fork of the tree. Is there anyone out there who has looked for this Treasure? If so give us your 2 cents worth.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Also fellow treasure hunter's, here is a bit of information I came up with!--------------Private Charles Bonin, " Jolicoeur"-----------Stories about the lifes of ordinary soldiers are rare. However during the Frence and Indian war, one french soldier wrote down the details of his life. Many years after his death, his writtings were published as ( La Marine, The french colonial soldier in Canada. =-----------------Joliceur fought against Gen. Braddock's army along with the indians and he wrote.=---The indians were the first to discover the military chest. They didn't know the value of money, and scattered it right and left in the forist and the french began to gether it up.-----Very likely most of this ended up in the pockets of Ligneris, the french commander of Fort Duquense. ---------- And thus very likely part of what made its way to Carroll Co. Ohio. = P.S. Jeff! There is or was a post about Braddocks treasure in Pa. that I can't find. If you would also like to post this there feel free

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions