$50.000 buried along Scioto River! = Columbus, Ohio

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
This is a tale I've heard for yr's. You will have to do research! There was a bank robbery 1910-- 20? This story was wrote about in the Dispatch. The robber was killed by police in a gun battle on the railroad tracks as he came out of the woods from the Scioto River. As the robber was lay diying he was asked where was the money, and that he should tell as he wasn't expected to live. The robber beleaved that also and said he found a railroad spike to use as a digging tool and used that to bury the loot by a large tree not far from the river.--------------LOCATION = Go to Greenlawn Ave. Bridge. Look south, Stay to left side of river. Walk down tracks, river on the right! Go to were the woods starts on right. Between there and were a road crosses the tracks into a compound I think owned by city; is where to look! There is a lot of trash about. ---- I understand after the robbery a lot of people did look for the money, a large part was gold coin! Nothing was ever reported found. You might research this story and if you don't have anything better to do spend a little time there with your detector. I pass this information along as I Know I'll never will have time to look more into it. Golly I'm almost 70 yrs. old.----- Good Luck.

P

pickaway

I know there digging that area up and turning it into a new park.I know that area well.
Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread