Cache near Port Townsend, Washington

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Saw this today on a book review if any wants to try to find the reviewer...

Jan Halliday, Port Townsend, WA USA
When I set up my journal, for example, and included as she suggested, a token amount of money I chose the new US dollar coin with Sacajawea and her new baby embossed on one side. This led to pages of writing--including memories of handling coins kept in a muffin tin when I was a young girl selling 2-lb. cans of golden honey from a stand near Mount Rainier, the sense of security as long as I have an old coffee can full of coins--and the gold coins my great grandfather buried in the woods behind his farmhouse that no one has yet found.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Still got the link? The folks are building up there and this might be an interesting side trip someday.

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think I got all the relevant info, but you can try to google her name and other keywords. She was on Amazon reviewing a book - she wasn't the author. I think it would be best to try to find her locally and ask her more about the story. Maybe the woods haven't been developed yet! Hope this helps.

Dzrt1st

Jan 4, 2019
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Whites 4900 D/L Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one from your neck of the woods from the Seattle P-I October 19, 1895. I don't know if it's related to the one above though.

Seattle P-I Oct 19 1895.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread