Anything for Souterhn Ohio or Northern Kentucky?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Having the time of my life!

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    878 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Anything for Souterhn Ohio or Northern Kentucky?

Does anyone have leads for S Ohio or N KY that are not in the readily availale books/magazines like Thomas Terry's? First hand knowledge is always best, but many people know of family or neighbores that were suppose to have lost or buried treasure then died without revealing its location.

Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

us
    Mar 2009
    Hendersonville, North Carolina
    Garrett GTI 2500
    14 times

Re: Anything for Souterhn Ohio or Northern Kentucky?

Hey Dexter,

Have you tried putting an ad in the local Nickel and Dime ads? I know alot of people read those that live in the country and might know of some first hand knowledge. I will be trying this myself this summer and see if anything comes of it.

us

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    878 times

Re: Anything for Souterhn Ohio or Northern Kentucky?

Great idea, I live on the out skirts of the 'nati so its more a rural area around me...so the ad is a great fit! Thanx!
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

Feb 2020
    4 times
    Hey Curtis! Iím in NKY. Iíve heard of a few small stories but no 1st hand knowledge. I mostly metal detect and look for areas with any historical significance. Have you had any luck?

Oct 2016
    1349 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Does anyone have leads for S Ohio or N KY that are not in the readily availale books/magazines like Thomas Terry's? First hand knowledge is always best, but many people know of family or neighbores that were suppose to have lost or buried treasure then died without revealing its location.
    Terry's brief material is just a starting point. Something like using Chronicles of America one would enter Buried Money, hidden loot ect. Hit search and look thru the choices. Most were from before the metal detector. Sure folks might have searched but it was using forked sticks.

Oct 2016
    1349 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    One other thing, look for more material what seems an interesting lead. But remember to also learn to rule some out if they have holes in them.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    13328 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    You're responding to a ten year old thread; good luck !!
    Don.....

us

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    878 times
    Thanks guys,

I had forgotten about the thread. Since it was written I have found all kinds of stuff about treasures..nothing near Cincinnati...not much of it true...have located some treasures in Georgia and Texas, going out west this spring.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links