HELP!!-hidden civil war treasure, know possible leads to it

C

creepylake

my friend told me about this civil war treasure, somone buryed in VA, and I ythink I jave info leading to it, I live in lake holiday, its in cross junction VA, and me and my friend found this dock, and we sat on it when he told me about the treasure, then a strange boat came, we ran, that happened 3 times, we decided not to go there anymore, then today :o we went on this trail and found a box, it said stay back, donot open, we came another day, it blew open and we found bones! :o somone is trying to scare people away from lake holiday! the treasure might be in the hidden dock! me and my friends are going on a expaditon to see if my theroy is true, the old owner of lake holiday was pretter ritch, I mean all that land... well anyway im a first time treasure hunter, im freaked out by the boat and bones, and I need advice THIS IS FREAKY! oh and at another trail we found some fish heads, and bird bones. that part, is not so freaky!

*oh and sorry about the bad spelling, im in a hurry to find this*

K

Kentucky Kache

Sounds like a good place to stay away from.

OP
OP
C

creepylake

jbot said:
Sounds like a good place to stay away from.
your from a truasure hunting place and thats all you say to help me?

OP
OP
C

creepylake

hollowpointred said:
one of the golden rules of treasure hunters is not to tresspass on private property without permission. when you do, it makes us all look bad. if i couldnt get permission from the land owner i would do as the sign says and stay away. you can sometimes find the owner of a particular property by looking at the tax parcel records from your county. most counties have a website that you can get this info on. then, once you have the persons name you can write them a letter explaining what you want to do, and then, and only then, if you get permission should you continue this particular lead. there could be any number of reasons they want you to stay out, including illegal reasons (drug dealers). you definitly dont want to stumble across someone like that`s operation!if this lead doesnt pan out, dont worry, with some reaserch you can find ten more! good luck! ;)
it isnt private proterty, its a vacant lot, nobody owns it,

Please don't take this the wrong way.....but you don't mention your age.....only that you are a " first time treasure hunter ". I believe jbot is giving you sound advice....based on his own experience, and common sense. I realize, as a new TH'er, this all seems pretty exciting and you want to just jump right in......but one thing you will learn from this site is that caution is the better part of valor. Exploding boxes....warnings to stay away....are not invitations to be reckless. They are a GREAT BIG SIGN that you should stop and consider what you are doing. I would suggest that you talk to an adult who is familiar with the area....someone you know and trust....and get a second opinion before you do something you may regret. Just remember....there is nothing exciting about being dead....

it didnt explode, the wind blew it open, it wasnt big, it was a box, it was on the SIDE of the trail, a bit deep into it

Larry KS

Mar 20, 2003
Trust me, somebody, somewhere owns the property. If it isn't a person, it will be the city, the county, the state or the federal government. There isn't a square inch of land anywhere in the U.S. that isn't owned by someone.

OP
OP
C

creepylake

Larry KS said:
Trust me, somebody, somewhere owns the property. If it isn't a person, it will be the city, the county, the state or the federal government. There isn't a square inch of land anywhere in the U.S. that isn't owned by someone.
well lake holiaday probobly owns it, but they dont have any sign that say no trespassing

OP
OP
C

creepylake

diggummup said:
Or is it the manmade resevoir in Northern Virginia that is surrounded by new development?
its manmade, its near winchester and sthepens city *quickly developing citys* called lake holaday, in crossjunction *middle o nowhere place* which is also near geinsboro *I dont think I spelled it right* and yes its is up north, bout maibe 5 miles from west VA

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am not sure I understand what you want from us....you say you know the location...its possibly in the dock you were sitting on..there are a few scattered bones....someone wrote a notice to stay away on a cardboard box, "probally a kid" , a boat went by ,(not uncommon on a lake) you were there three times...what are you waiting for???Get the loot and leave.....

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D I am originally from the Shenandoah Valley... and YES! there r LOTS of Treasure Caches from the Civil War up and down I-81, and the land, mountains... and even Shenandoah River (even a "legend" of a cannon with gold in "plugged" barrel buried along the river somewhere...). SO!
Check with Frederick County library, etc re Lake Holiday Treasure... NEVER heard of it personally... BUT! It just might be a new discovery... dunno; just the same... I agree with the other PROS... and STAY AWAY! IF it is on public property... probably owned by Frederick County, Va... AND! THEY WILL HAVE "GAME WARDENS" or "COPPERS" WATCHING YOU!!! :(

OP
OP
C

creepylake

gypsyheart said:
I am not sure I understand what you want from us....you say you know the location...its possibly in the dock you were sitting on..there are a few scattered bones....someone wrote a notice to stay away on a cardboard box, "probally a kid" , a boat went by ,(not uncommon on a lake) you were there three times...what are you waiting for???Get the loot and leave.....

it was the same boat, EVERY time, not too many boats out this time of year. and, as far as we can see, no trweasure at the docks, but we need a meatal decetor to bwe shure, anyone know any good renting places in the area? or places to buty treasure hunting equipment, we might find some arow heads too :) but more inpoartantly... THE LOOT!!

OP
OP
C

creepylake

Rebel said:
Yo! Rebel here: ;D I am originally from the Shenandoah Valley... and YES! there r LOTS of Treasure Caches from the Civil War up and down I-81, and the land, mountains... and even Shenandoah River (even a "legend" of a cannon with gold in "plugged" barrel buried along the river somewhere...). SO!
Check with Frederick County library, etc re Lake Holiday Treasure... NEVER heard of it personally... BUT! It just might be a new discovery... dunno; just the same... I agree with the other PROS... and STAY AWAY! IF it is on public property... probably owned by Frederick County, Va... AND! THEY WILL HAVE "GAME WARDENS" or "COPPERS" WATCHING YOU!!! :(
oh nonononono, its not public, its owned by lake holiday, the only people that can get in to there are the people who live there, and their friends/relatives, but the people of lake holiday and their freinds and stuff can go there

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ok I will play....whats the story and the loot? Have you done any additional research on this?.....it could have been found already....whats in the area now?...I know that there are housing developements going up all around Lake Holliday....are you just going on rumors???? Or is there some actual fact to any of this? Research will pay in the long run and save you tons of time ....I am pretty sure that after a hundred years +, since the civil war...a dock would not still be left from that era. I live on a lake....When I see unfamiliar people on a dock or property, that I know dont belong there, I zero right in on them....same thing if someone comes into my bay and gets near my dock or boats....we land owners are a funny like that ...very protective. Do a google search for detector rentals in your area.......Good Luck

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spell Check...it's a beautiful thing ::)

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judy...you one waschely rabbit!

OP
OP
C

creepylake

bad news and bad nwes! and more bad news and some good news that doesnt effect you!

bad news #1: we went on the expadition, ERRRNNGGGHHH! it was not buryed here
bad news #2: seairra coludnt come to the expaditon *heartbreak in eyes* :-[ :-*
bad news #3: NEWS ON THE BOX! bones are a female dog, and when isaac found the box there was a scratching noise, somone trapped the dog ALIVE!!! IN THE BOX!!!!
good news that doesnt affect you #1: I just got 9 in a row at the basketball hoop! YAY!! take that so called "queen of basketball"

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread has me totally and officially confused.

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
HA! HA! HA!

Yo! Rebel here: ;D You Shenandoah Valley girls NEVER change... HA! HA! HA! A GOOD ONE! :D IF u r good in scoring baskets... try getting a scholarship from JMU (Alumni); I know the coach there... HA! HA! HA! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread