• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

La Panza kid

Hi the La Panza kid here,

I have been researching the La Panza area an I have found some interesting things. The La panza national forest is located in slo.cal. An has been a hoping spot for gold seekers and cattle ranchers. An was also the home of Drury James which was the owner of the La Panza ranch which now lies next to the national forest.My quest started out when I heard how his nephews Frank and Jesse James came out the fall of 1868 to the spring of 1869 and stayed in the adobe bunk house located on the ranch. I wonder if they left any treasure with them. Share some info if you got it please. If you like this story and would like to hear more check out the book "The Ghosts of Frank and Jesse James" by Angus Maclean. thanks alot hope to hear from you.

i digit

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2006
HI KID. THE STORY IS 100% TRUE. THE OLD BUNK HOUSE IS SOUTH OF THE PRESANT MAIN HOUSE. TRERE IS AN OLD WHAT LOOKS LIKE THE REMAINS OF AN OLD MISSION.I KNOW BECAUSE IVE HUNTED THAT RANCH MANY YEARS AGO WHEN JAKE MARTIN OWNED THE RANCH. ALSO CHECK WITH THE PASO ROBLES PRESS. I THINK THEY HAVE THE STORY. IF NOT LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SEND YOU A COPY.FRANK AND JESSE ALLWAYS CARRIED LOOT WITH THEM SO THERES A GOOD CHANCE THEY HID SOME THERE. GOOD LUCK. JESSE WAS MY GREAT GREAT UNCLE AND I CAN PROVE. CHUCK. PS. I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN THAT COUNTRY.

SLO HUNTER

Greenie
Jul 13, 2006
LaPanza Kid.....IDIGIT (cool handle) is correct about the La Panza area....I was raised just west of Black Mountain, on my uncles ranch, Turkey flats. Love that area and all the History. Are you close to the LaPanza area? if so give me a shout and we'll take a jeep ride .......later

T

Ty Grabowski

This is a true and factual story.
I spent alot of time hunting around the old ruins as a kid.
I even have a few musket balls from that location.

SLO HUNTER

Greenie
Jul 13, 2006
No ... The Black Mountain I speak of is in the Los Padres National forest in San Luis Obispo county Ca. Great area, Tons of history!!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
CA. needs to number them! ;D
I know of three other, Black Mnts.!
One my way to visit relatives in San Diego,
I have driven thru there several times,
But, I only stopped once !
I was checking out a creek for gold ....
&
There WAS! some in the creek !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread