CITIES UNDER CITIES

chuckered

Sep 18, 2004
bremerton washington
I don't know about others but I know Seattle is, been there went on tour, trouble was flooding so they say. Parts of it our on 120 ft. of sawdust to build it up. seen all the store fronts underground market, and much more.

S

stefen

Atlanta (Georgia) olde town near Peach tree Plaza. The undedrground is actually the original street fronts, old streets, gas lights, and the like. It has been rejunivated and is extremely interesting.

Have also been to Seattle but never been to the underground. Have been to the upper Plaza, which again is interesting.

pseudodragon

Greenie
Jan 7, 2006
I've been on the Seattle underground tour and I highly recommend it! The city history is fun, too, with all sorts of sordid stories.

Atlanta's shopping mall is cool, but I thought it was kind of creepy.

Chicago has some underground areas. I saw a program about it on (I think) the History channel.

In LA, the old trolley station and miles of tunnels were rediscovered quite by accident several decades after they'd been abandoned.

There are many, many cities in the U.S. and abroad that have been built upon the ruins of previous cities. Istanbul (formerly Constantinople) is probably one of the most extensive, containing extensive roman ruins within its sewers. The same is true of Alexandria, although I think most of the architecture beneath it is Greek.

You should be able to find plenty of information and examples on the internet. I think it's fascinating myself.

Gary

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
It's par for the course....cities are usually built upon the old forgotten ones. The Bible has many stories on this.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• undertou.jpg
    undertou.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 530

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Mexico City is built on the ruins of the Aztec city that was once there.

ericwt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions