Isla Mujeres Mexico

lesleygalaxy

Aug 23, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Hi! I am a new member to TreasureNet, and also to treasure hunting. My sister and i are taking a trip to Isla Mujeres (an island close to Cancun in Mexico) in September, and are bringing along our metal detectors. I have been trying to research the island and any possibilities of pirates, as well as the use of the island in Mayan times. I was just wondering if anyone has any information, leads, or legends regarding this area, as I have had difficulty in my research. Thanks for any replies!
Lesleygalaxy

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
Hi and Welcome yo T-net! :hello2:
Sorry that i cant help you with this one, but i wish you all the luck you can get! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
L

lesleygalaxy

Aug 23, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Thanks for the welcoming!
Well I asked a few friends of mine that are more experienced with traveling avec detectors, and they seemed to think it would be allright if i took the batteries out and put it in my luggage...I hope so!

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with these guys on Tnet about metal detectors in mexico! You need to get the full story!

Oroblanco and Old dog and Real de Tayopa

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Small denomination bills in each pocket and some in each sock might not be a bad idea . This is for 'enhancing' relations with the policia . Keeping it all in one spot will cost you the whole bundle in the first negotiation .

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch had good advice. A little extra, change it to Mexican Pesos, and you might get off cheaper. More importantly, why is this called the women's island?

OP
OP
L

lesleygalaxy

Aug 23, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Well we just got back from the island and it was wonderful! I put the MDs in our checked baggage and the batteries in our carry-on and absolutely no trouble either way! So i guess we lucked out :D
We checked out the beaches and found a lot of pesos...then used them to pay for drinks HA
We go back to the island once a year... so if you have any good ideas to look let me know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread