Dutch Schultz Treasure

K

Kentucky Kache

blackbeard1717 said:
Does anybody think that this treasure still exist?

Possibly. Maybe. Perhaps. Who knows? ;D

I don't think it would hurt to look around a little, if you're in the area.

It's amazing what research can sometimes turn up. You can find things that tell you you should search, or sometimes things that tell you you're wasting your time. Either way, you're a successful researcher.

S

stefen

If researched properly, you will find that Flegenheimer (Dutch Schultz) may have had a wife (or maybe a Mistress), a son and a daughter living in the Los Angeles / Orange county area...(actually in the City of Fullerton)

He also was under the (FBI) radar for a 6 month period and may have been visiting the West Coast...

Speculation is that he could possibly have moved money to the LA/OC basin...

The wife and family wasn't discovered until they visited him in the hospital after he was shot...

Perhaps the money trail is in California...hmmmmm

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Yep it's still in NY but not Olive. There are 3 possible locations within 5 mi of each other in the Catkills.. But it is frozen over up there right now.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, he bury treasures in New York state. Many people look for it and I believe that it is still there.

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
I just finished watching my copy of unsolved mystery dvd on this subject and it was noted that the bearer bonds were never cashed so Im thinking it is possible there maybe two seperate buryal locations.Or maybe the treasure has never been located,possibly under water,or just slowly sunk
very deep due to its weight. The map Schultz made and gave to LUlU may still be out there floating around somewhere.Just random thoughts.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information. The bearer bonds may be destroy to the rain and being wet all these many years.

OP
OP
B

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Bonds were destroyed so would the Cash. Only thing left is diamonds and gold

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO what was said to be buried would have taken a large box. What was said on Unsolved Mysteries makes it an iron box. Metal storage boxes in that era were sealed. So "IF" it is out there and found and it is sealed, the contents should be in almost the same condition as when they were placed.

Veiwing this from the side that its still there, consider the size of the creek and how many floods that have happened since then. So since Lulu gave Martin somebody a map, wheres the map??? Im inclined to beleive its still there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread