i need advice and could also use some help

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get a hookah setup and an underwater detector. I'd go with an electric hookah so there is no noise. The less noise you make the better! You could get both for less than $2000.

What about alligators? There has to be alligators.

mysticblack

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2009
St. Petersburg, Florida
Generally what part of Florida. My friend and I have all the gear necessary and travel around the state doing exploratory work. We usually pay our own way and work on a percentage basis. Any interest?

bay pirate

Aug 26, 2012
Mobile Bay
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
All you need is gas powered fire pump, a 55 gal drum (sealed) a 15 length of hose, and a 50 to a hundred foot length of hose. Cut to holes on the drum, one about 3/4 ways, to the top and one about a quarter ways to the bottom. Attach a ball valve for each hose. Run the top valve from the barrel to the water in on the fire pump. Attach the longer hose to the ball valve. With the ball valves close, fill the barrel full of water, the top valve and let that hose fill with water to prime the pump. Shut the valve back once it's full. Once done, have the longer hose in the water, crank the motor, open the valves and wa-la, instant coin retrieval. The coins come into the bottom of the barrel and only dirty water goes through the pump.

I'm in if you need help

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good, but how do you know if you have a drum full or rocks or full of coins, without stopping the system every few minutes?

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
I wouldn't worry about it. This thread is 2 years old and the original poster hasn't been on the forum in about a year. So by now, either he has given up or there was nothing to be found.

pccvanwilder1

Oct 25, 2010
I am still here. I do not get on here that often any more, as I was quickly taught about the need to keep my comments and info extremely limited (what I make public.) I am still interested in following up more on this site, but thus far have not done so. Thank you all for the kind words and offers to help, and in the future I just may take you up on them. I am just much more careful now about who I tell what and who I trust.

I do not remember what I originally said, but the coins are mainly silver. The water is fresh. The coins have been there for less than 100 years, but are much older than that. The depth varies between 20-30 ft. The currents are swift.

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Here is my idea!
If the river has heavy sediment I would use a kid's Hockey goal net.
I would replace the net mesh with chicken wire and place buoyant swimming noodle on the face for stability then tied with the required rope.
Tie to a motorized boat and drag.
Very cheap to build.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions