North Florida Beach wreck

thebeech

Jan 13, 2011
This may be the wreck where the survivor's walked 3 Hours to St Augustine from around 1680's . Found using a cheap metal detector & can only dig at extreme low tide . Lots of sand fills in but cannot get equipment to the beach. Readings on detector SILVER in lots of places Med gold objects and Large 4 ft area iron ? Needed assistant I cannot get anything up alone ?? Who do I trust ...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I live in callahan * florida -- above jax -- northeast florida fer sure. --- hope the spots not on the south tip of amelia island or northern area of talbot island (nassau sound area) as its off limits legally to metal detecting there (trust me I know -- sadly there is lots of treasure there that you can not "legally" get to --states got you "blocked" there by law ) -- but if its not there then your most likely in good shape *

if its close to the fernandina or jacksonville area to the st augustine area most likely i can hekp out

find1000

Greenie
Jan 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
garrett
Congratulations on your find. I presume this is not the Amelia Island wreck? What years have you found on any coins? Contact me if possible. :icon_thumright:

C

Cappy Z.

thebeech said:
This may be the wreck where the survivor's walked 3 Hours to St Augustine from around 1680's . Found using a cheap metal detector & can only dig at extreme low tide . Lots of sand fills in but cannot get equipment to the beach. Readings on detector SILVER in lots of places Med gold objects and Large 4 ft area iron ? Needed assistant I cannot get anything up alone ?? Who do I trust ...

Send Ivan a map of the general area. he's THE man..and he's got deep pockets.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
thebeech said:

A couple things don't really check here.
"Cheap detectors" aren't exactly renowned for being able to disc out wet saltwater sand (re: "extreme low tide"). Further, I'm unaware of any "cheap detectors" that will give you sufficient depth on a hit where you wouldn't be able to just dig it out with your hands, so, if you're getting hits on gold and silver objects with your cheap detector, there's no reason why you shouldn't have recovered them.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
salvage diver said:
I am interested contact me

You'r enterested in a year old thread, from poster with no knowledge of what he's talking about and hasn't even logged in to T-Net in over a year?

salvage diver

Feb 11, 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites-DFX & Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because you never know. I have been researching a wreck in that area and hit a wall on info. Maybe this person will show back up and if so???????? Its all in the chase!!!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
salvage diver said:
Because you never know. I have been researching a wreck in that area and hit a wall on info. Maybe this person will show back up and if so???????? Its all in the chase!!!!

Then you might want to check out his user profile. His email is listed, it might still be valid!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread