New Capt. Kidd Lead

TSparky21

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2006
I never knew about Capt. Kidd until recently when I found a book with interesting title. When I finished the book and I thought someone would already know this. BUT, after researching and I dropped my jaw that no one knows this lead to find possible 5 iron chestd hiding underground. Maybe one or two was found but who knows. Capt. Kidd had an trusted counsellor who was brilliant leader of his adventures. Trusted Cousellor told an story to his son that lead the story to his grandson to make a book that was never copyright during late 1800's. I'm sure you know about Quedah Merchant story and I'm believed there are some gold in those chests because they buried chests not long before his death. It is not located up northeast where there were the most leads that everyone knows of. I'm looking for someone who is very interested invest this story to make their discovery. Please feel free to private message for some questions.

modrian

Dec 8, 2003
I'm assuming you're talking about Richard Knight's book. If so, it's a great story, but I'd take it with a grain of salt. If you'll notice, for someone who's supposedly found so much, nothing seems to have been done to recover any of the caches, even considering how the relationships between the countries has imporoved much since the book was written. I wonder what he's up to these days- selling real estate?

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
hey , Im working a site with my partner in the north east in newengland, he found and empty chest a huge one my partner thinks it may have been one of Kidds, i seen it one time when i was up, i believe there was a half brick and a piece of pottery in it, he found a treasure site not far from there all marked and we have been working it for a couple years now, he has been working it even longer about five, its getting down to the nitty gritty hopefully soon we unearth something, tammahawk

OP
OP
T

TSparky21

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2006
modrian said:
I'm assuming you're talking about Richard Knight's book. If so, it's a great story, but I'd take it with a grain of salt. If you'll notice, for someone who's supposedly found so much, nothing seems to have been done to recover any of the caches, even considering how the relationships between the countries has imporoved much since the book was written. I wonder what he's up to these days- selling real estate?

No, it wasn't Knight's book. It was very short book since the family who supposed to keep a sercet but gave up and hopely someone find the story to make the discovery.

OP
OP
T

TSparky21

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2006
tammahawk said:
hey , Im working a site with my partner in the north east in newengland, he found and empty chest a huge one my partner thinks it may have been one of Kidds, i seen it one time when i was up, i believe there was a half brick and a piece of pottery in it, he found a treasure site not far from there all marked and we have been working it for a couple years now, he has been working it even longer about five, its getting down to the nitty gritty hopefully soon we unearth something, tammahawk

I was reading about it what he found so hope you and him will find kidd's treasures. Nothing is marked because it was supposed to be serect from anyone to know.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TSparky21 said:
I wonder how much would 1000 pounds of gold worth today if found?

at $550 an ounce, it would be worth $8,800,000

I

ingrid

Im very new to....treasure bussiness, and I am becoming obssesed with Captain Kidd. I dont know how it started, but he and his story, his treasure race through my mind every day. I live in Rhode Island, which as you know is a rumored treasure location. I swear all I need is direction, a map, and Ill go for it. It makes me very happy to see others who are interested.

OP
OP
T

TSparky21

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2006
jeff davis said:
djui5 said:
TSparky21 said:
I wonder how much would 1000 pounds of gold worth today if found?

at $550 an ounce, it would be worth $8,800,000

$6,600,000 would be the bullion value of one thousand pounds of gold since there are only twelve ounces to a pound, not sixteen.

Now since most of capt. kidd's treasure is in jewelry or coins from ships plundered on the high seas would make this an enormously rich treasure. A thousand pounds of gold coins before 1712 would be priceless. One coin with markings such as the vigo bay treasure ships of about the same time frame is worth a quarter of a million dollars. Usually it took four of these coins to make one ounce. That would be one million dollars an ounce. Now twelve thousand ounces if you could get top dollar (of course the price would start dropping the moment you started selling them) would be worth $12,000,000,000. Happy hunting.

oh my god, I could not believe what you just SAID! I already speechless and don't know what to do next.

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
yes i was going to say, but jeff already did. It would be worth so much more than the actual value of gold. the price would be a lot of lives, and lies over the whole subject. the treasure was coveted by pirates, which will most definatly be coveted to the extreme by modern man.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
tammahawk said:
hey jeff wasup with this 12 ounces a pound, isnt a pound a pound?, kinda odd,

In the real world we use 16 ounces to the pound and this sytem is called the avoirdupois weight. In precious metals there are 12 ounces per pound troy. An ounce troy is not the same as an ounce avoirdupois. Many folks cheat themselves when they go to sell. Look it up in any dictionary to see the differences. exanimo, ss

T

txhunternh

I live in New Hampshire and interested in this story and well, finding
this treasure.

Both the Kidd story and the Wentworth story make for some great
hunting in NH. Who knows, while searching for one, one may find
the other. :)

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
1000 pounds would not fit in one chest but a thousand Pounds would. Still valuable but not $12 million. All of Kidd's loot was valued in pounds, shillings, etc. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
TSparky21

I'm sure you know about Quedah Merchant story and I'm believed there are some gold in those chests because they buried chests not long before his death. It is not located up northeast where there were the most leads that everyone knows of. I'm looking for someone who is very interested invest this story to make their discovery

According with old documents, legends and historians the Quedah Merchant was anchored for several days in the Mona Passage at the western side of Mona Island,due Kidd was making business with Bolton. If that is true, it is possible that Kidd buried his treasure in some cave, because Mona island was the last place where He was before he was arrested and hang it.

Amona

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Amona,

Quedah Merchant was never anchored in Mona Island. When kpt.Kidd arrived to the Caribbean, he badly needed new ship. The main reason was not like in other similar cases that ship hull was eaten away by tropical worms, because this one was made from solid and durable teak wood, but Kidd could not show himself in Boston or New York in the ship of apparently Arab construction and lines. He anchored in the mouth of the river Yuma in the southern coast of actual Dominican Republic and started to deal with local merchants. Soon he sold almost all the goods he had on board (not treasure chests, just bales of oriental clothes, etc.) because local business people were eager to get this exclusive goods, and with the money from this sale he purchased there used ship "San Antonio" in which he sailed north. William Kidd left Quedah Merchant anchored in the mouth of the river and there is a good reason to believe that after looting what remained on board the ship wasburned to the water line. As I know treasure hunter Barry Clifford wanted to come here and to look for the rest of this pirate ship of kpt. William Kidd but he did not get the permissions. After that he left to Madagascar, to Ille de Marie, where he was looking for Adventure Galley, the first Kidd´s ship in which he sailed originally from England.

Regards
Lobo

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
well Lobo

Quedah Merchant was never anchored in Mona Island

There is many version of that story and all of them match with the fact about the mona passage and the Mona island ,it is true about Saona or the south of the Hispaniola, but I couldn't say "he was in mona island or not"

"Kidd arrived in the West Indies in April, 1699, in the Quedah Merchant, the Adventure Galley having succumbed to rot. The word had been sent out from England -- Kidd should be considered a pirate. Realizing that he would not be safe in any of the normal ports, Kidd headed for Mona Island, an uninhabited island found in the channel between Puerto Rico and Hispaniola (present day Dominican Republic). Because Mona belonged to no one, it was a safe place to hide. Speed was necessary now, no place was safe. Kidd had to get to New York City, where he had influential friends, and try to save himself" (1.)

(1)http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/conn.river/kidd.html

The fact that Kidd was anchored in Mona island is part of Mona island's folklore.

Amona

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread